Dealership experiences removal (response)

Guest peter

duetto owner

As I suggested earlier, I believe motorcaravan dealers have neither the time nor inclination to involve themselves directly with motorhome forums.

There is a saying on the lines of "The man that opens his mouth may often regret the words that emerge, whereas the man who keeps silent rarely regrets that choice". I'm sure that dealerships that do become aware they are taking flak on forums know full well that an embarassing Jerry Spinger Show-style public slanging match will do their cause no good, even if they feel strongly that a customer has unjustifiably blackened their reputation and that they have a credible argument to refute the allegations.

Guest peter
Edited out, as I've said all I am going to on this matter. As any more comments are pointless. Let the matter die a natural death and be aware that all is not what it seems to be. If you want to know about a dealer that you may be thinking of buying from, ask on another forum that has no commercial links to this industry. End of.

Guest peter

Well in that case Freddie my biddy, youse can't make any comments about anyone in case youse upsets sumwon.

p*ssed off Pete

Just to add my twopenneth worth - why doesn't Warners just add a disclaimer saying that any comments or views in the forum etc in no way reflects Warners views etc - I know I haven't written the wording as it should be but you lot will know what I mean. This would avoid all legal complications.

But I guess even with the discalimer Warners would say they could loose money through the withdrawal of other companies advertising. Warners are just protecting their own pockets. I

In my opinion, by other forum members sharing their experiences good and bad, it can save us (the customer, who buys the magazines and goes to the events which are put on by Warners - hence putting more money into their pockets) our money, time and more importantly keep things stress-free.

Having got involved with a few forums of late I reckon this one is probably the most liberal of the lot.

But Warners are to some extent liable for what is expressed and if it can be shown that they haven't managed the site efficiently and that they have left potentially libellous post on here then they could get hit.

I'm grateful to the forum manager at Warners for his sensible attitude, and the beauty of the Fiat thing is that if they put any pressure on the forum regulators it would just result in yet more bad publicity.

However I suspect there have been some anxious discussions at Warners about what to do with the Fiat thread, but so far, they are seeing the bigger picture.

Personally I wasn't going to get involved in the dealer debate, and some very interesting examples came out of the Fiat threads, but I was looking forwards to a few of these reprobates getting named and shamed.

A pity really, even if understandable.

Hopesy - 2009-05-15 10:48 AM

Perhaps the dealers could start a forum along the lines of " Stupid/Gullible customers" and recount stories.... just in the interest of balance 8-)

This would be very entertaining as I'm sure they have had some laughs along the way at their customers expense.

Some companies employees trade their stories of customers misfortunes or acts of muppetry on face book and such like sites

One of the better (and less scurrilous) tales I've heard was of a gentleman who was really keen to purchase a motorhome being displayed on a dealer's forecourt but could not agree to the sale there and then.

He said that he would need to return to the dealership as it was essential that his wife test-drove the vehicle as he felt she might find it too much of a challenge.

The dealer told me that the wife took to the motorhome like a duck to water, but the husband proved to be a hopelessly incompetent driver.

Guest peter
Rapido-lass - 2009-05-15 8:52 AM

Just to add my twopenneth worth - why doesn't Warners just add a disclaimer saying that any comments or views in the forum etc in no way reflects Warners views etc - I know I haven't written the wording as it should be but you lot will know what I mean. This would avoid all legal complications.

But I guess even with the discalimer Warners would say they could loose money through the withdrawal of other companies advertising. Warners are just protecting their own pockets. I

In my opinion, by other forum members sharing their experiences good and bad, it can save us (the customer, who buys the magazines and goes to the events which are put on by Warners - hence putting more money into their pockets) our money, time and more importantly keep things stress-free.

Already suggested that 6 posts up from yours. *-)

Rapido-lass - 2009-05-15 8:52 AM

But I guess even with the discalimer Warners would say they could loose money through the withdrawal of other companies advertising. Warners are just protecting their own pockets.

They already do, its in the terms and conditions that nobody (well I don't normally) ever reads until something happens to make them!

Bas

jhorsf - 2009-05-15 7:08 PM

i think they have been very brave over Fiat issues i would not want to wake up with a horses head in my bed (lol)

No, the way "the Family" works is to decapitate something dear to you - so (unless your a big horse-racing fan) you'd wake up with the engine from your motorhome in your bed, bleeding oil all over your pillow!

Archived