Refillable gas bottles

Mel B

Mel B - 2009-05-14 8:50 PM

I know that MTH went out of business but you can still get their bottles second hand - does anyone know if you can still get the connections for them? Do the gaslow ones fit for example??? 8-)

Mel,

A few weeks ago I replaced the rubber hose in my Stako (MTH) set up with a Gaslow Stainless Steel hose and everything works OK. The connections appeared to be fully compatible.

Bob

Mel

It may depend on which bottles you are thinking of as MTH marketed 'see through' composite bottles, steel (STAKO) bottles and (towards the end) ALU-gas ones.

I think the composite bottles (I've got one) use a German outlet connection that will require an adapter if you already have a gas-hose with (say) a UK propane POL connector, or a hose with a 'German standard' end.

Anyway, I'm sure it must be possible to obtain suitable bits whichever bottles are involved.

Mel B - 2009-05-14 8:50 PM

I know that MTH went out of business but you can still get their bottles second hand - does anyone know if you can still get the connections for them? Do the gaslow ones fit for example??? 8-)

Hi Mel,

MTH are up and running in Portugal (Algarve) the last I heard they were at Fuzeta. I don't know what name they are trading under though.

Don

Archived