M6, Nr Lancaster Services, Motorhome on it's side!!

gordonaldson

Anyone see it. Very dramatic. Motorhome, looked like a Swift Kontiki, on its side on the hard shoulder of the north bound carrageway. But the dramatic bit was it was facing the otherway, south ??

Police,Fire Brigade and ambulance in attendance.

Feel real sorry for the family who were probably on holiday.

A holiday, we Motorhomers out there, hopes never happens to them.

Hope no one hurt.

Gordon.

JudgeMental - 2009-05-16 9:49 PM

unlikely to be a family on holiday during term time...........

Of course you'd know !! .... they might have been off for the weekend.. but then again judge your never wrong *-) are you!!

Life.gif.489d36f2d55364e0d1c839894b0c54d7.gif

Guest JudgeMental
mondo - 2009-05-16 10:01 PM

JudgeMental - 2009-05-16 9:49 PM

unlikely to be a family on holiday during term time...........

Of course you'd know !! .... they might have been off for the weekend.. but then again judge your never wrong *-) are you!!

I was hoping that the odd's were against a family with young ones on board being involved in such a tragic accident you A$$! Especially the weekend before half term...........

I agree, those ruts are lethal. Not so bad with the old Ducato but new one has different track front and rear which seems to make matters worse especially in those winds. The state of most of our roads here in UK are getting steadily worse. Incidents like that make you stop and think.

Not a wind problem at all that day. The odd thing is as I said the Motorhome was pointing the other way as if it had been clipped by another vehicle.

Blowout perhaps on overtaking.

Interesting though and something we won't get the answer to.

No words can explain what they went through.

Gordon...

I know it is not the correct thing to have done but, when I was driving a coach I, and many other drivers, drove in the middle lane to avoid those ruts. It's very tiring having to fight the wheel all the time, some were so deep they tried to dictate your position on the road. Even more hairy in the rain.

Archived