Newbury Show

Don Madge

Guest Tracker

We didn't go - we're disillusioned by FIAT, the ever upward spiralling price of new vans, the ever upward spiralling cost of a camping weekend when the 'free' or 'inclusive' 'entertainment' is of little or no interest, the ever downward spiralling of new van build quality and durability - and the weather forecast!

Apart from those minor details we would have gone!

Hope those that did go had a wonderful weekend!

Came home a day early, Sunday morning.

Gazebo and bits hanging up to dry in sun lounge here.

Wind damaged the brand new Fiama Safari room. I am not impressed by how it fits together - or not. The old Harrison cheapy safari room was far more tollerant of wind.

C.

Yes it was wet and windy but hey think of all those people in 6x3 plots they would love to be out in it, didnt go to the over priced show but did go to the Friday show - great look alike shadows, all the 60's and 70's songs and tunes, did you think the floor was full, overflowing, very enjoyable.

:-) :-)

We went it was wet and windy but we coped. Dodged the rain under stall covers and missed it in the van or the Marquee, was again pleasantly surprised by the quality of the entertainment. Got our Oyster Vision Fixed by a very nice chap who helped for free.......such a rarety now adays and qute a relief after buying 4 new tyres.

The ground was not boggy and after all what is a rain coat for!!!

We usually go to Peterborough and Lincoln as day visitors but this time decided to stay at Newbury from Thursday until Sunday. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised, the event was very well organised and congratulations to the Warners staff, marshalls etc. 

Yes the weather was as predicted, heavy rain showers and strong winds but most campers did the same as us, when the black clouds appeared, nip back to the van for a cuppa.

I thought that the entertainment on Thursday and Friday was good with the exception of the "Shadows" group, they were a bit too pretentious so we strolled back to the van and caught up with the latest in the MPs expenses saga. The Saturday night entertainment was excellent and the cost was certainly no more than I would expect to pay for this quality at a similar venue.

We were fortunate in that the marshalls parked us at the side of the walkway between the camping area and the showground and having lunch in the van on Saturday afternoon, doing a bit of "people watching", we were amazed at the number of campers returning to the vans with newly purchased generators, in 2 hours we stopped counting at 15. Recession - what recession.

All in all an enjoyable couple of days but please don't ask what we bought or spent, suffice to say that we are going to our local MPs surgery on Friday to see if he can advise on whether we can make a claim on our "2nd home allowance".   

davenewell@home - 2009-05-17 7:55 PM

'Twas wet and windy................................VERY WINDY!!

D.

Hi Dave & Jacui

Nice to meet up for a chat and a drink. hope your lovely dog managed the stroll back after slurping a good full bowl of real ale. ha ha ha.

Kind Regards

Tony

davenewell@home - 2009-05-19 6:53 PM Hi Tony, yes he managed it fine thanks. Many thanks for the drinkies, greatly appreciated :D . Dex is used to a little drop of beer so no problem there. Jacqui says thanks as well ;-) . D. See you at Pickering.

we went and it was raining .but it always rains at shows for us . no problem driving off grass after all the rain.i had a chat to you dave on last day when your wife was getting you to spend all your money on those seat covers.did she win.

dshague - 2009-05-19 9:37 PM
davenewell@home - 2009-05-19 6:53 PM Hi Tony, yes he managed it fine thanks. Many thanks for the drinkies, greatly appreciated :D . Dex is used to a little drop of beer so no problem there. Jacqui says thanks as well ;-) . D. See you at Pickering.

we went and it was raining .but it always rains at shows for us . no problem driving off grass after all the rain.i had a chat to you dave on last day when your wife was getting you to spend all your money on those seat covers.did she win.

No, we tried one for size but it was a poor fit so passed on that idea for now. Nice to meet you by the way :-D .D.

First time at any motor show so have nothing to compare it with.

Apart from the rain we enjoyed it very much. was parked a minute from the toilets and entertainmnet tent, and showground, so very handy when it rained, which it did often.

Found the layout very good, everyone was most helpful, and the groups were great. Loved the country and western group, the "shadows", and "Evis".

Enjoyed watching everone jiving and line dancing.

Didnt go to the Saturday night show, not my cup of tea, but was suprised there was alternative entertainment. I thought that was very good.

Was a little dissapointed that there were not as many stalls as I was hoping for, but no matter. We had a great time.

Even the heavy rain, thundering on the roof, couldnt spoil it, and we did take our big brolly so we were ready for what ever happened.

I'm glad we went, and shall certainly be going again.

Hope to be at Pickering or Melvern.

Kris

Archived