Ardgarten Forestry site

naittaw

Just a word of warning to anyone intending to pass this way. The site was being redeveloped over the winter and reopened earlier this month. It is still a building site with new lodges under construction along the water edge destroying the view, at least temporarily but probably permanently. Spanking new reception and shop, bicycle hire and upgraded loos, but that's no use when the location itself is destroyed.

I was also surprised to be charged £2.00 supplement for a one night stay and £1.00 per dog per night. Need to ensure too that you get the over 50's discount if entitled. I had to go back for a discount at Cashel (also forestry) when this was forgotten at check-in.

Guest Tracker

Ardgarten is the capital of Scotland as far as midgies go as they seem to come from far and wide to congregate on all three sites - well there used to be three - I don't know about now?

There is the Forestry Commission site, the Caravan Club site and the Camping and caravanning club site - or there used to be - to which one do you refer Naittaw?

For those who don't know Ardgarten is near Arrochar.

Guest Tracker
naittaw - 2009-05-19 7:43 PM

The other contribution to the thread is beyond me !

As indeed are all of Fred's ramblings to everyone else!

Archived