Faulty fresh water tank gauge.

Ris

On my 3 year old Autotrail Cheyenne 840, the gauge is showing full but the tank is empty. Can anyone advise me what to do about this and how do you get to the tank in case the answer to the problem is in the tank.

Thanks.

I had the same problem but with the waste water tank gauge.

The advice I was given on the forum was to take the inspection cover off the tank, reach in to find the "sender" for the gauge and carefully wipe it clean with a clean cloth. (Look for the position of the wires on the outside to give you a guide to the position.)

This worked for me.

I assume there was a build-up of "algae" on the sender which gave a link between the contacts, thus showing full on the read out.

Andrew

Hi had two new m/ homes, lunar roadstar &. autotrail cheyenne, both had faulty guages (waste & fresh ) in the end i just gave up and just go on instinct, when the tank runs out I fill it up, when the sink starts to empty slow, I empty the waste. If on the road in France to nip in to aire de service and empty and fill.

ps. the toilet getting full warning light never worked either, I`ll let you work that one out when it is full.

Archived