Status antenas Repair

4petedaniel

Has anyone had experiance of repairing the Status 315 aerial cable I managed to pull the cable out of the dish. Is it possible to open it to reconnect the cable? It would apear to be all one bit but someone conected the cable in the first place.

davenewell@home - 2009-05-28 7:24 PM

speaking purely from a personal basis I'd say don't bother, chuck it in the bin and get one that works. The Status 315, IMHO, is little better as an antenna than a piece of wet string and only better because it doesn't need re-wetting!

D.

Agreed. I replaced ours with a 530 using a blanking plate. Good digital reception and an easy fit.

Mike

Guest peter
Status 315 is a total waste of space. Absolutely useless. Might be O/K as a frisbee but that's about all.

peter - 2009-05-28 11:15 PM

Status 315 is a total waste of space. Absolutely useless. Might be O/K as a frisbee but that's about all.

Totally agree, had one on the old motorhome, as usefull as a chocolate fireguard as we like to visit mountainous regions. Got fed up so upgraded to a satellite dish.

It does seem strange this bad publicity on the Status 315. Mine was fitted on the new van 4yrs ago together with booster box, and we have found it perfectly OK in 90% of use in England and Wales. It is now working through a Freeview TV and picks up the stations a treat, and I am expecting even better reception when digital is boosted up to full power. On the odd occasions when the picture is poor , I have turned the van around and recieved a stronger signal.

Providing there are no buildings or trees in the way or the transmitter is on the other side of a mountain we manage OK.

Archived