Fuel tap for Kipor suitcase generator KGE1000ti

oldlowie

Can anyone tell me where I can get a fuel tap for a Kipor generator? Tried Kipor support but no response, talked to a guy from Sail and Trail at Shepton Mallet show, but he needed to be somewhere else when he realised I didn't want to buy a new genny! I have attached a picture of the little beast, any ideas? Cheers...

1437573304_fueltap2.jpg.c2efcef0402457becf1dda462ea29bba.jpg

Looks like locating Kipor spare parts in the UK is currently very difficult. I did find a phone number (0845 094 2452), but you've probably tried that. I also came across this unpromising comment about a Kipor 3000TI generator:

"Cheap but cheap quality. Non existent parts support, short life expectancy and noisy. I have tried one don't waste your money."

Guest peter

What's wrong with the tap?. If it's starving tthe motor of fuel, I had the same problem with the 3000. Found that a pipe from the carburretor was trapped. The pump works off induction pulses from the motor and if the pipe is trapped, then, no pulses and no fuel supply. It is very easy to trap this pipe, so might be worth a look.

As for quality of these units, I've been informed that they are made in the same factory in China as the Honda units that they are copies of. I am very pleased with mine.

Thanks for the responses, you can always rely on MMM'ers. My genny is actually made by a company called Berlan, but it's identical to my mate's Kipor KGE1000. I picked it up off ebay for £140 (including shipping from Germany!) I know you get what you pay for, but the genny provides smooth enough power to run my 'fridge, and the broken tap was my own fault. I have managed to break the threaded bit where the plastic engine-cut-off bolts to. The genny works fine with a bit of wood or plastic jammed in place!! I do intend to buy a Honda at some stage (unless solar panels get a whole lot more efficient in the meantime), but while ever the Berlan burbles away merrily, I'll keep my £600 under the mattress...

Archived