Take a bow

Poppy

Peter Hambleton of Preston tel no. 01772 315078 a sort of unofficial Hymer reparer who gave me the excellent advice of going to a caravan dealer for a temporary water tank/pump AND MS Mobile Caravans, farm road,Dellamere \cheshire CW82HD who also services motorhomes, for fitting me in pronto, NOT LAUGHING, and fitting me a second hand tank/pump for the grand total of £140, parts labour the lot.He has saved our holiday and I now have clean water.Tel 07903174126

Guest peter

It's been tried by me, and the threads got removed.

You must not say nice or not so nice things about dealers.

Because if there was a list of good dealers, the ones not listed would be deemed to be unsatisfactory by omission.

Unless of course there was a complimentary thread with the opposite viewpoint. Thus, the ones not listed as unsatisfactory would by omission be regarded as good.

That's cleared that up then

Stupid policy if you ask me. :->

Well in that case all we can / should / must do is buy a Hymer and only go and see Peter Hambleton for servicing - cos we know about him now. The secrets out!

Unfortunately due to the need for a habitation service we have to keep going back to these places. I am going to try a Mobile Caravan Servicing Man in Cumbria, he has his own business and may well care about doing a decent job as otherwise it WILL have a direct effect on his lifestyle.

Ned (lol)

Difficult one really.I could be working for a rival firm and come on here as just an ordinary poster and slag you off quite unfairly, or conversly try and bull my own business up without declaring my interests I supose.

MMM does publish "Dealer of the Year" awards on an annual basis, most recently in the February 2009 issue. These are based on MMM readers' recommendations, so should have some validity. However, I fully accept that such awards are unlikely ever to feature firms like Hambilton Engineering (which has been recommended several times before on this forum) or MS Mobile Caravans - which is why it's valuable to have positive feed-back like Poppy's.

Archived