Autoglym

duetto owner

Having just signed up to MMM mag we have been sent a free bag with a selection of some autoglym cleaning products. Was wondering which of their products readers use if any.

We have a silver metallic hi top van not the standard white upvc coachbuild.

I always thought metallic paint did not need waxing or polish, well that is what a car dealer told me ages ago.

Would normally clean once a month, except for wiping bird droppings on a daily basis. Due for its first wash in two weeks when a month old.

I got the same kit two years ago, love the products and added several more as well. I regularly use the super resin polish, extra gloss protection, upholstery cleaner, bumper care (great for mirror surrounds, door steps, window surrounds, wiper arms etc too), fast glass - for acrylic windows, interior plastics and the like, wheel cleaner, tyre dressing, intensive tar remover, glass polish and leather cleaner.

Happy valeting!

Bob

Guest Tracker

In the yearly Auto Express unscientific product tests Auto Glym products rarely if ever come out on top!

For metal bodywork their favourite is currently Turtle Wax Platinum Extra Gloss.

For GRP coachbuilts a good marine / boat polish seems to last longer than auto polishes.

However any polish that come as a freebie is probably the best vfm you are likely to get!

Hi all

We find the Autoglym motorhome cleaner is the bee's knees.

You can use it inside or out . It will remove all the usual marks on the outside of the van, flies, water marks etc, and you can also use it inside on the carpet and upholstery. It will even get rid of the dreaded red wine.

We have always got the container with us.

All the best

Howard

duetto owner - 2009-05-28 5:25 PM

Usinmyknaus

what is "fast glass" ? did not get that one.

Fast Glass cleans all vehicle glass, acrylic, perspex and plastic windows. Says the bottle label. It also does a good job on mirrors, dashboards, seat handles, plastic armrests, motorhome furniture etc and will remove grease, tar and insect remains from both painted and plastic bodywork. It's very quick to use and leaves no residue.

Bob

taking the insect wipes back tomorrow unopened to exchange for the spray.

already have the tar remover not used it as yet.

was out at runnymead for the day of the dozens of vehicles there a large flock of canada geese fly over and yes my van scores 4 large hits as if they do it together. the M.H next to mine not touched neither are any cars to my knowledge.

duetto owner - 2009-05-29 8:37 PM

taking the insect wipes back tomorrow unopened to exchange for the spray.

already have the tar remover not used it as yet.

was out at runnymead for the day of the dozens of vehicles there a large flock of canada geese fly over and yes my van scores 4 large hits as if they do it together. the M.H next to mine not touched neither are any cars to my knowledge.

With the majority of Motorhomes presenting a large & white target, they are great for avian target practice, not so for us owners.

Being on the coast we regularly get bombarded by seagulls, much worse than geese.

Anyone else noticed they rarely seem to use soft tops coupes for this favorite pastime. >:-) >:-)

Archived