Number plates/name plates

Corky 8

as they say these are showplates and not legal on the vehicle, if johnny law stop you and see no kite mark and accredited address of suplier on plates he will knock you. only a heads up as i use this kind of number plate.

dont know about the trailer though

clay - 2009-05-28 8:33 PM

as they say these are showplates and not legal on the vehicle, if johnny law stop you and see no kite mark and accredited address of supplier on plates he will knock you. only a heads up as i use this kind of number plate.

dont know about the trailer though

Hi Clay, I can,t see anywhere on the web site that says they are not legal plates, My 2008 M/H number plates have no kite markings front of back other than the reg No,s ,my old trailer has a numberplate that's as old as the hill,s never been stopped and its done some milage, and look at the hand painted/chalked on Number plates seen everywhere, think you will find Legality is down to Plate/letter size and spacing.

Page two here tells you roughly what is required.

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/media/pdf/leaflets/v796.pdf

This except from showplates is what you need to read

Some plates ordered from our Showplates Constructor may not meet requirements for use on public roads.

Saying that I've towed many trailers with a 'plate' made of bit of cardboard with markerpen, but now carry a legal plate in van to attach to any trailer

If a number plate is not legal the vehicle should not pass the MOT. I know more that one peson who fits legal plates to pass the MOT then put their

own plates back on again after they have got the MOT certificate.

Archived