Which Le Touqet Aire is best?

Way2Go

Hi,

We're off to France for 10 days and intend spending the first night in Le Touqet.  I know several people on here have stayed at Le Touqet so was wondering which Aire was best (if any) in you opinion.

The two main Aires appear to be 'PLAGE P Parc International, Bd dela Canche' which apparenly has 80 spaces and 'PLAGE SP Base Nautique Nord, Ave Jean Ruet' which has 35 spaces.

Given that the facilities are the same I was wondering if anyone had any preferences?

Many thanks for your anticipated advice.

W2G

Guest JudgeMental
We always stay at the yacht club Aire, in fact we were there for a few nights this week. If it is full (unlikely at this time of year) you just turn left and down the road there is a huge parking place at the equestrian centre (but no facilities)

Guest JudgeMental
Brambles - 2009-05-30 9:21 AM

Hope this link works.

http://livecam.letouquet.com/visite360/visite360_ville/index.htm

You can select virual tours - 360 deg camera photos for different areas.

Having just a quick look the plage sp Base Nautique Nord seems to be the popular one and is more secluded. Got some great views over the estuary.

Link works fine......You can see motorhomes parked on the Aire in the distance. the view from the Observatory is stunning. we were there on Wednesday and the tide was out you can see for miles.

Hi

I recon the best Way2go is the Nautique Nord is much the best one, we were there last week. Stayed one night on the inter' last year, did not feel the same. Naut' nord takes more than 35 Mh's. Make sure you buy a ticket 6.50 euros coins only, the police check regular and will book. Never found it full but we always arrive before 4pm, the French seem to arrive a little later and by 6-7 pm it does fill up at this time of year specialy weekends.

Guest JudgeMental
Den - 2009-05-30 3:19 PM

Hi

I recon the best Way2go is the Nautique Nord is much the best one, we were there last week. Stayed one night on the inter' last year, did not feel the same. Naut' nord takes more than 35 Mh's. Make sure you buy a ticket 6.50 euros coins only, the police check regular and will book. Never found it full but we always arrive before 4pm, the French seem to arrive a little later and by 6-7 pm it does fill up at this time of year specialy weekends.

You can use credit cards as well......we did this week

JudgeMental - 2009-05-30 10:27 AM We always stay at the yacht club Aire
Presumably that's the 'PLAGE SP Base Nautique Nord, Ave Jean Ruet' Judge?
. . . down the road there is a huge parking place at the equestrian centre (but no facilities)
That doesn't sound like 'PLAGE P Parc International, Bd dela Canche' as that appears to have the same facilities as 'Nautique Nord'.  Besides which, I seem to recall Michele has stayed there and called it 'Hippodrome?'

Brambles - 2009-05-30 9:21 AM Hope this link works. http://livecam.letouquet.com/visite360/visite360_ville/index.htm You can select virual tours - 360 deg camera photos for different areas. Having just a quick look the plage sp Base Nautique Nord seems to be the popular one and is more secluded. Got some great views over the estuary.

Many thanks . . . looks great :-) 

Den - 2009-05-30 3:19 PM Hi I recon the best Way2go is the Nautique Nord is much the best one, we were there last week. Stayed one night on the inter' last year, did not feel the same. Naut' nord takes more than 35 Mh's. Make sure you buy a ticket 6.50 euros coins only, the police check regular and will book. Never found it full but we always arrive before 4pm, the French seem to arrive a little later and by 6-7 pm it does fill up at this time of year specialy weekends.

Thanks for that, much appreciated.  We'll be there next Thursday night and should be there by 7pm.  Might have to use the other if this one is full.

Guest JudgeMental
Way2Go - 2009-05-30 4:37 PM
JudgeMental - 2009-05-30 10:27 AM We always stay at the yacht club Aire
Presumably that's the 'PLAGE SP Base Nautique Nord, Ave Jean Ruet' Judge?

Oui :-D

. . . down the road there is a huge parking place at the equestrian centre (but no facilities)
That doesn't sound like 'PLAGE P Parc International, Bd dela Canche' as that appears to have the same facilities as 'Nautique Nord'.  Besides which, I seem to recall Michele has stayed there and called it 'Hippodrome?'
Yeah...Just checked and it is "Hippodrome" But you won't need this in June. We have stayed there in the summer when Yaght one full and it is fine,

Should you like to eat in Le Touqet, I would recommend Bleu blanc mer. Not cheap but excellent .

For fine cakes and service with a smile the patisserie outside the centre.

Walk from the Aire towards the fishing boat on display, opposite there are 3 roads take the middle one walk towards town and its by the big car park ideal for MH's . Hope that makes sense.

The interior of the restaurant is all rough cut wood and full of character.

Dennis

Many thanks guys for the great advice - much appreciated.  Can't wait to get going.

Would I be be tooooo cheaky to expand this to Mont Saint Michel?

We thought we'd stay a couple of nights at the aire across the road from http://www.camping-montsaintmichel.com/EN/camping-services.php then park up at the Mont for our visit.  I gather you can also stay all day/night in the main Mont car park for the similar amount of €8?  Not sure about facilities at either place but we shouldn't really need anything.

My main concern about the Mont car park is the high tides, I thought I read somewhere that the car park flooded at high tide?

Any advice on preferences would be swell?

W2G

Guest JudgeMental

Have not stayed at one in your link. We stay on main one on causeway near the Mont. No risk I believe........and no facilities either but an easy walk to the Mont.

The one on your link is in the town so better for eating (probably cheaper) and bit of shopping and it seems to have facilities. Peoples walk from here to the Mont? or cycle? The thing is if you pay to stay here and decide to drive camper out there, you will effectively be paying twice?

so where are you heading next? are you missing Honeflur?

JudgeMental - 2009-05-31 10:40 . . . so where are you heading next? are you missing Honeflur?

Nah, staying there on the way back :-)  This will be our 4th visit including renting a gite there for a week.  Love the place.

The trip consists of 1 night at Le Touquet, 2 nights at Mont Saint Michel, 2 nights at Honfleur, 1 night St.Valery En Caux, 1 night Dieppe, 1 night (not sure yet) and 1 night Cite Europe ready for early shuttle (courtesy of Tesco vouchers).

Thanks for the tip about Mont Saint Michel by the way ;-)

W2G 

W2G

Stand by with your camera at the Base Nautique aire you will be on final or climb-out for Le Touquet airfield so don't be surprised when you see various light aircraft operating at low-level. There is very seldom anything bigger than a single or light twin so it's no big deal and the airport only operates 0900-1700 local Mon-Fri and 0900-1700 local Sat. It did not bother us. Like others I recommend the aire and there's a nice walk along the sea front into town.

Bob

Guest JudgeMental
Usinmyknaus - 2009-06-02 11:21 AM

W2G

Stand by with your camera at the Base Nautique aire you will be on final or climb-out for Le Touquet airfield so don't be surprised when you see various light aircraft operating at low-level. There is very seldom anything bigger than a single or light twin so it's no big deal and the airport only operates 0900-1700 local Mon-Fri and 0900-1700 local Sat. It did not bother us. Like others I recommend the aire and there's a nice walk along the sea front into town.

Bob

and fighter jets!

Valéry sur somme....My sat takes you to a non existent Aire on water front. you just carry on up the hill and take left hand fork and Aire is along on your left. Its a lovely place to stop with great cycling along the front.

JudgeMental - 2009-06-02 4:17 PM . . . and fighter jets!
  Now you're talking :-) :-)

I think there's an aire at the airport (50.515860, 1.618100 check it out with Google Maps satellite image ;-) ) but it's only parking - no overnighting.

What are the coordinates for this mystery aire my boy (or is it a legal profession secret place)

airport.jpg.744119edf9080e5dcc586ff359a9a103.jpg

Guest JudgeMental
Way2Go - 2009-06-02 5:44 PM

Thanks for that I'll have a look :-)

There is another one across the bay at Le Crotoy that we have not used but it is in "79 best aires of france" file.........

Hi,

There are two aires in Le Crotoy; Chemin du Maris (near the sand dunes) and bassin de Chasse (near the harbour). We think the latter is the best, both are 5€/night with water 2€. Try to be in Le Crotoy on a Friday as there is an excellant market all along the sea front. Also in Somme Dept. aire at Ault is worth a visit, no views but near town and free parking. An aire de stationment we have not been to, but hope to visit when back in France is at Stella Plage. Anyone been?

Jean and Robert

Way 2 Go according to All the Aires book the aire at Le Touquet airport takes up to 20 vans and overnight parking is possible. Few details but states it to be free of charge and will accept large MHs. Comment from reviewer was "Ideal if other aires full.Visited 2007."

I've not been to Le Touquet airport recently but it used to have a really good restaurant which was not very expensive and with views across the airport.

Incidentally, in case of interest there are a couple of flying schools based there which offer pleasure flights. Low level passes along the D-Day beaches making "rat a tat" noises are higly recommended as is flying round Mont Saint Michel.

Bob

We stayed on the car park at Mont Saint Michel two weeks ago. It's €8 for 24 hours. It's an easy stroll to the Mont but it's all steps and uphill once inside. There are no facilities but watching the Mont light up as darkness falls is magic.

Some of the car park close to the Mont is tidal. However the main area including where the motorhomes park is not subject to flooding - there are notices to this effect.

Cattwg

Archived