tomtom go720 sd card

dethleff

Hi

Can any one tell me the purpose of the SD card in my tomtom go 720?

After loading onto the map of Europe, Aree Sosta POI's, they would not show

on the "Show POI on map page".

After loading same POI's on the SD card, they now show the Sosta POI'S

on the "Show POI on map page".

There seems to be no control of the SD card in tomtom home.

Stan

I have a TomTom 730 (which may be different) and I use the SD card just to store music in MP3 format. TomTom Home allows me to chose which storaqe medium I want to use for which purpose and so the internal memory is used for all mapping and TomTom operating software and the SD card ONLY for the music.

Perhaps Way2go is busy...? He's the oracle on these matters. I'm surprised he hasn't posted a reply yet. Could I ask why you want to store poi info on the sd card? Is your 720 memory full? If so look for big files that didn't ought to be there (eg music/pix.)

I have a 720 and when it was new went through the thought process that the sd card must be for "extra" info like poi's and so on, but I've found that even after I've added lots of poi lists, - there's still bags of room.

BTW. all my poi lists are in the western Europe folder and I have no problem recalling them, switching them on and off etc.

I think spospe's advice is sound, just use the sd card for entertainment files.

Perhaps Way2go is busy...? He's the oracle on these matters. I'm surprised he hasn't posted a reply yet. Could I ask why you want to store poi info on the sd card? Is your 720 memory full? If so look for big files that didn't ought to be there (eg music/pix.)

I have a 720 and when it was new went through the thought process that the sd card must be for "extra" info like poi's and so on, but I've found that even after I've added lots of poi lists, - there's still bags of room.

BTW. all my poi lists are in the western Europe folder and I have no problem recalling them, switching them on and off etc.

I think spospe's advice is sound, just use the sd card for entertainment files.

If you want to use POI's they MUST be within the folder containing the relevant map.

The SD card is useful for storing other maps as well as the extras such as music and photos.

In this respect POI's are not "extras" in that sense, they are integral to their relevant map.

Archived