Just renewed Van Insurance

Big Momma

I know that there have been lots of threads on here in the past on van insurance and which is best etc. but just thought that I would tell you that I have just renewed mine again and stuck with 'Safeguard'. They have managed to quote me same price as last year £350 for myself and OH as named driver, full UK (AA) & European Breadown cover (no size or weight limit), unlimited travel days in Europe. I noted from an article in recent Practical Motorhome Magazine that 'safeguard' were quoted as being best company for European cover so decision to stick with them appears sound. Not saying that they are the sheapest around but in the years that I have been with them they have always provided a first class and very freindly service.

Guest JudgeMental

I nearly changed to SAGA recently but stayed with Safeguard. By the time I added extras to saga quote and EVENTUALLY got Safeguard to adjust their price downwards *-) the price difference was only £40

But initially the price difference was in the 100's :-S

AA, RAC and Green Flag all do Breakdown cover for Motorhomes. You need to check if their are any limitations e.g. Age of van, Weight or Length. You will also need to check that they have a reciprocal arrangement for European cover.

You may want to get a quote independently first and then if you are a CC or C&CC member get quotes through them and compare (?)

Archived