Camping at Birkenhead?

phantom

No Chatterdog, you are behind the times. They built a new terminal on the Birkenhead side a few years ago so now they don't spend an hour and a half sitting in the locks to get out of Bootle docks.

Address

New Ferry Terminal

10 Tower Rd, Birkenhead, CH41 1FE

0151 906 2700

Operated by Norfolk Line.

AND Ireland is a country in the island of Ireland. Belfast is in Northern Ireland a country within the United Kingdom.

Phantom. Why don't you contact Norfolk Line and ask if you can stay in the loading area. I'm sure the truckers do.

Hi,

You would be safer on the club site at Thursaston or maybe WITHIN the terminal. But definitely NOT outside. It is in an area of socially deprived and depraved disfunctional people. " nearby tower blocks are called ASBO Towers. Ther are a number of cls/css on Wirral only about three.

You could go up to New Brighton,along the river front,and try wilding at the end of the promenade by the West Cheshire yatcht club,its been done before.

I agree Yeti. That's why I said contact Norfolk Line and get into the terminal.

Of course there are all sorts who live around there. Your well known "Look Alike" used to live across the water in an apartment in the Albert Dock (maybe he still does).

RoyH - 2009-06-03 3:08 PM

I agree Yeti. That's why I said contact Norfolk Line and get into the terminal.

Of course there are all sorts who live around there. Your well known "Look Alike" used to live across the water in an apartment in the Albert Dock (maybe he still does).

No Roy he has a little pied a terre alongside the canal in the 'pool.

He shops at COSCO.

Going off topic but hey ho. I have been asked many times for an autograph and when he bought a motorhome I invited him to join our club,he sent a nice letter and a signed picture.

I have caused many a stir driving the truck especially when in traffic lines in Liverpool. I went to a show by Barry Cryer and he was in the audience,at the interval in the bar HE came up to me and said 'Haven't I seen you somewhere before' ? The similarity ends there he's about a foot shorter than me! Seriously I have considered signing up to a doubles agency-keep the truck on the road.

Hi guys

Thanks so much for all the replies.

Will give Norfolk line a buzz ahead of time.

I was off dreaming of places to visit after getting off the boat.

Heading for the Cotswolds but fancy a sloww meander back to Birkenhead late June.

Any recommendations of nice spots?

Thanks Again Phantom

(I'm a girl)

Phantom, You're a girl! Don't worry by the time you finish on this site you won't know your head from your toes :-D

Try Thurstaston site. Great walk and a Park and Ride to various other places too. If it says on the web they are booked up, then phone up as often I find the web page is wrong when it says fully booked. The wadens there are really really good and helpful.

Let us know how you go on - and few ictures maybe?

Joy

Archived