French Weather Forecast on Satellite

tonyishuk

Anyone know of a way to get a french weather forecast on satellite ?

I have a Pace Sky digi box and a multimo dish. I dont subscribe but use the Sky Freesat service.

I was wondering if I could point the dish at another satellite ( better still use the Sky satellites) and retune a redundant channel.

Rgds

Thanks for the reply.

We quite often take a look at the channel (& Euronews) just to see what is happening in Europe, The Beeb, Sky and ITN ignore a lot of quite important European News, (or probably wiser not to know ;-)

But being News Channels they do not give weather forcasts to any useful degree.

We use the Sky European weather maps, but again it is a "catch all" for Europe, rather than detailed information.

Ah well back to plan "B", browse the back of the local paper for the wether map ;-) at the local tabbac.

Rgds

Sorry, I forgot to mention that you can get a little card in the tabac (free) which gives you the numbers for regional weather forecasts by dialing the selected number from your mobile - so long as you understand enough French this is handy to have - again I think it's linked to the French meteo weather service.

Not satellite I know but just in case it's helpful. If you have computer access in your travels I suggest www.meteo.fr the French national weather service. The home page brings up a colour national map with easy to understand graphics and you can then choose a department for local weather. You may like to try it and have a play around to see the other options available.

Bob

Archived