MHF site

Guest Christine

Well they are still counting me in I havent paid or posted any thing since the begining of January - when I was told I would be banned because I knew of other sites That was before the www.motorhometoday.co.uk site was even thought of But I checked up if I was listed yesterday and apparently I am AND someone must have PAIS FOR ME I certainly HAVE NOT and I still have FULL MEMBERSHIP RIGHTS So who is fooling who Any way we are off on holiday see you in 4 months BYE BYE

at the risk of prolonging this - it would appear that mht insist that members register before thay can even see if the new site is worth the effort. Since it seems to consist primarily of some of the worst whingers who 'contaminated' mhf later days perhaps the restriction is with good reason?

Free speech! And this is the site you are choosing to have the public punch up about the pros and cons. Ooh err - Think I've just made a pun. Personally I'm very bored with this perpetual push for these two sites on here. Think we've got the message ... Hope this site is promoted, rather than slagging there!

Guest Dave Newell
Can't we all be just a little grown up about this and accept that there is room for both sites? Some members of the one site are also members of the other (and several more unmentioned sites too, I'm sure) so do we really need to be in "this them and us" confrontational mood? If a person is a member of both sites which camp does he/she fall into "them" or "us"? Or shall we get really childish and all meet up at the NEC for a public punch up to sort out "who is best"? Grow up people, life's too short for this nonsense! D.

I will run a book on the outcome of the punch up providing all the bikers are on one side. Janet will sell tickets. (50% discount for tickets bought in the first month) Interestingly I tested the other site last night and I still have full access including sending replies. Strange? So what was it all about?

I'm with Norma on this one, though it might be fun to watch some of the old codgers have a fight, that is unless they have all fallen asleep from the gassing they've been doing! Clive, have you got the catering set up for the boxing match or is this still open to being franchised???

Guest MR E DURRANT
Sorry for the late posting but I signed up to MHF(£10.00) and am unable to access the site being told that it's for subscribers only. I have mailed them on numerous occassions but the problem still remains. I paid by PayPal, is there any way I can get my money back? Regards Eddy(D)

Contact Paypal themselves, if you haven't had the contract fulfilled then you should have some redress. It might be worth putting a separate posting on here entitled something like "MHF - paid but still no access" you never know it might get the 'owner' of the site a bit twitchy and encourage him to contact you!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest David Burley
Hi Eddy sorry to hear the subscription didnt activate, please email me at admin@motorhomefacts.com with your mhf username and I will definately sort it out for you :)

Guest Mr E A Durrant
With Regards to my MHF subscription all is now well and whatever was wrong has now been sorted. I think it was worth the suscription.IMHO Everybody seems to be friendly and very helpful, no, I have objections to paying £10.00

• 1 month later...
I was /am signed up to MOTORHOME FACTS but choose not to pay the £10 subscription charge .You are now as a non subscription member allowed to post 10 articles in the forums and then you are locked out,but still able to READ the pages.Last night I used up my allocation so I assume Im only allowed to read from now on . I found it a good site lots of information available,but with the usual moans you get everywhere ,I would recomend anyone to take a look at it and make up their own minds as to subscribing or not. I felt my contributations to the Forums to be helpfull to others but did not see why I should pay to post. *-)

...whereas this forum is completely free, with no usage restrictions (I ask you... what's the point of turning off PM's for non-subscribers like MHF do?) and the main Out & About Live site has more information and useful things than you'll find on certain other sites. Personally, I know where I'd rather visit, and I'll certainly be getting all my motorhome info from here.

MHF was started by Dave as a hobby, and has got too successful! He had to either cut back on content or spend more time on it & get some sort of contribution towards that. Advertising may cover some of the costs, but you can't expect it to fund everything. The out & about site is very good in it's new format, and yes it's free, but it has the Warners group behind it with all their advertising & marketing power. And yes, I am a mod on MHF. As has been said above, there's room for all - no need to slag off anybody.

Archived