Satellite Receiver offer at Lidl from 8th June- - Anyone got one of these?

kevandali

Hi All, I am going to try and sort out a satellite system for going away in August. Just wondered if anyone has used this system and if so what you think of it.

Lidl offer

As always, all info much appreciated.

Just realised that I would need a much larger dish if trying to view in Southern France, might have to think of something else?

We are in southwest France and on the house we have a normal small sky minidish and there is no problem at all. On the motorhome we have a Omnisat Semitronic and the dish isn't that big, not sure of the size, but gets all the UK programs, we have only been down to the Spanish border with this dish and it was fine.

hymer1942 - 2009-06-03 11:52 AM

If it sounds to good to be true it more than likely is.

I don't understand, the set exists, I and doubtless dozens more own one and they work well, the fact that they are now half price is just a bonus rather than too good to be true.

Puzzled Of Blackburn 8-)

Guest JudgeMental

I got one last year for £60, it worked fine in the garden but when we went away on our summer jaunt there were so many trees that we never got it to work once anywhere.........Very frustrating. This would probably of been true of a £2000 system as well which would have been even more frustrating! lol

we also found the larger dish which we also lugged around *-) a waste of space.

to be honest I cant be bothered, will just bring a few more DVDs and a pile of books as per usual :-D

I helped a chap on a site in the Alsace with his new roof mounted crankup dish and I managed to get TV for him in a few minutes.....begineers luck? who knows!. these at approx £350 are well reviewed on other forum.

Hi we have one and its brill, but have changed the dish for an old sky dish, as dish supplied is ok but sky dish is better as better receiver, stuck that on to bike rack and bingo, no need to pack away or any tripod, just make sure the dish faces south ish when we park. We have used it right up to Spanish border with very little problem, your main problem is getting used to finding the satallite signal and the correct one at that, but now its easy. We dont use the sat finder waste of time if its same control pad as ours (which it does look like, the once you get picture of "no signal " shown on TV screen info on remote control then hit the number 1 and the TV sounds a signal for you, The other poster is right though do not try and find a signal through trees they totallly block the signal.

We also bought our LIDLE one few years ago also £60 grr ,so at £30 ita a steal in fact wondering whether to get another so as not to take it out from home like we do.My wife has her Sky plus going in one room and as i cannot stand soaps i have the Lidle in the other room. The downside is you do not know whats coming on later apart from the next program but i do not find that a problem.We used the plastic dish down as far as Brittany and Holland but when in Dresdon the signal is too weak so LIDLE were selling the 50 cm dishes dead cheap with double lnb connections so one time we took not only the LIDLE but also the SKY Plus box which worked a treat. They do say you can get index in some countries with the Silverscreens but have not found it yet.

I bought one last year £60.00 >:-( Worked great at least as far as Royan, once you found the exact direction to point, a bit frustrating but then you are on holiday so may as well fiddle with that as anything else.

I have got a COMOS dome satelite with a Free To Air satelite Receiver. Only used it in UK so far and works well. It is supposed to be able to pick up UK TV in Spain, Italy etc, I am going to Spain in a few weeks, as far South as Valencia so will let you all know when I come back whether it works (!)

messerschmitt owner - 2009-06-04 9:40 AM

To quote the webiste 'Does not receive freeview™ or subscription channels '

I can understand why you can't get subscription services - but freeview type channels? What is the status of this to those who have one - I couldn't cope without Britain's Got No Talent and Big Brother! lol

You are confused with Freesat, it gets the free sat channels. Freeview is terrestial digital channels on your normal TV aerial.

Jon.

Big Momma - 2009-06-03 8:57 PM

I have got a COMOS dome satelite with a Free To Air satelite Receiver. Only used it in UK so far and works well. It is supposed to be able to pick up UK TV in Spain, Italy etc, I am going to Spain in a few weeks, as far South as Valencia so will let you all know when I come back whether it works (!)

I would not expect it to pick up the main UK channels in Spain (south of Barcelona). I live just outside Valencia and need a 1.9m dish!!!

Italy is unlikely too.

I would not expect it to pick up the main UK channels in Spain (south of Barcelona). I live just outside Valencia and need a 1.9m dish!!!

Italy is unlikely too.

Derek,

Still not confident of using this type of technology but the manual says that I have to change satelite for diferent countries. In UK I use Astra 28, the diagram shows that I would ned to switch to Astra 2 (?) I also have the option to select 4 other satelites but without manual cannot remember what they are called (Hispasat is one I think (!) )

Still not confident of using this type of technology but the manual says that I have to change satelite for diferent countries. In UK I use Astra 28, the diagram shows that I would ned to switch to Astra 2 (?) I also have the option to select 4 other satelites but without manual cannot remember what they are called (Hispasat is one I think (!) )

You will be able to pick up UK TV all over Europe, but it will be channels like Sky News, BBC News, BBC World News and a few other FTA channels.

Once you're out of France, you'll struggle to get the 'normal' BBC/ITV/C4/C5 etc.

Many thanks, BBC News channel is really all I will be interested in. Will have a chance to experiment once I am down there and will post a thread on this forum when I get back to let you know how I got on. Just promise not to say "I told you so" :D

Now for something a little closer to home - how on earth do you get to put a comment in from a previous post that you are referring to or answering (just like you have done above) (?)

Big Momma - 2009-06-04 9:59 PM

Now for something a little closer to home - how on earth do you get to put a comment in from a previous post that you are referring to or answering (just like you have done above) (?)

Click on Quote not reply. Edit the comment as you wish, but make sure you leave the QUOTEs with their square brackets at the beginning and the end of the quote.

derek500 - 2009-06-04 9:12 PM

Big Momma - 2009-06-04 9:59 PM

Click on Quote not reply. Edit the comment as you wish, but make sure you leave the QUOTEs with their square brackets at the beginning and the end of the quote.

Like this (?)

Archived