leVoygeur Wiper blades.

Den

For over 2 years we have suffered with bad visibility due to the wipers not sitting on the screen. Today i visited Wiperblades.co.uk in Kidderminster, they tried different blades of the flat blade type and the difference is Excellency. We did have 23inch fitted but we have now 26inch on the passenger side and 24inch on the drivers side. The cost approx £25 the pair.

Guest Tracker

When vans have a swivel base drivers seat the seat is often too high for good visibility in the rain and for many years now when I change the van I simply measure the gap twixt top of existing wiper blade and edge of windscreen then take the existing drivers side wiper into Halfords and bought a longer one to fit the available space - making sure of course that the centre mounting point / pivot length is also suitable.

Simples!

Hi Tracker

The problem with mine was the old type blade would not sit correctly on the screen, the last 2inches of the blade you could pass a credit card through. On the passenger side the blade would sweep the screen on the upwards wipe but not on the downwards stroke. The new flat blade or aero as some call them do a much better job. The company i mentioned carry the flat blades that fit the std arms. I have in the past tried bending and adjusting the arm to help, but no help.

Guest Tracker

Quite right Den!

Longer blades and curved screens can be a problem, and I too have tried bending 'em a bit without much success.

I have flat blades on the car and they do seem to be much better especially at high speed.

However after exhaustive testing and research I have discovered that there is no improvement when it is not raining!

Hi Charles

The address is Wiperblades.co.uk

331-332 Hartlebury Trading Estate, Hartlebury, Kidderminster DY10 4JB

tel no 01299 251130.

Part no you req is- Trico NF650 26" Passenger side

Trico NF600 24" Drivers side

These fit directly to your existing arms, unlike the ones shown to us by a french couple at leVoyageur last November costing 40+ euros. They required an adaptor.

I visited the Wiperblade company today and pleased i did. I would have ordered the 23" to replace the original ones, the were most helpful and tried many combinations for best results.

Reminds me of the song ----I can see clearly now---

Ps they cost approx £25........... Best buy so far!!!!!!!!!

Tracker your right most of the time they did'nt cause any problem but now the will never be a problem!!!

Archived