Avon skin so soft, which one?

Next weekend we will be visiting an area we know to be rife with midges, we had a weekend there last year and got eaten alive! We would prefer to remain inedible to the insect population of the area this year and I remembered reading on here about an Avon product, "skin so soft" as I recall, that was a superb midge repellant.

However, having searched Avon's website I came up with 73 products in the "skin so soft" range! I'm assuming I don't want the anti ageing, neck and chest rejuvenating, hair removing, foaming bath scrub with pearls 8-) 8-) !

Can anyone tell me which is the correct product to order, please?

D.

Dave - it's this one:

SSS

The Dry Oil Body Spray is what you need - I picked mine up at a market stall for £2 (new & unused) - she gets a lot of Avon stuff, don't know how but she's always there - might be someone at one of your local markets?

There are loads on eBay ....

eBay

Hi Dave

Its the ,

Replenishing Dry Oil Body Spray, Soft & Fresh fragrance.

Its in a Pale Green pump action bottle 150ML.

Got it here infront of me.

I personally can highly recommend this, having used this for quite a few years around the world.

Dont be put off by the smell, hubby is not a smellies man as i say, dont do aftershaves but he will always use this, we never get bitten.

These are always on offer 2 for £5

hi Dave

i live in scotland, where midges were born, i use the spray moisturiser, works ok, but with the zillions of them you need to buy in quantity, or if crossing a field, cow dung is very good, smells a bit tho

As well as using the Dry oil spray ( green coloured bottle as mentioned above) you can use from the same range the shower gel and moisturising lotion. If we are in a midge area we tend to use the shower gel and dry spray oil this way all areas are covered! Also by using the moisturising lotion you are building up a barrier so to speak.

Rapido-lass - 2009-06-05 9:20 AM

As well as using the Dry oil spray ( green coloured bottle as mentioned above) you can use from the same range the shower gel and moisturising lotion. If we are in a midge area we tend to use the shower gel and dry spray oil this way all areas are covered! Also by using the moisturising lotion you are building up a barrier so to speak.

Thanks R-L, that makes a lot of sense. We're now looking out for a local provider but if not we'll order from Mel B's web link.

D.

Dave, After speaking to you on the phone I went on the web to buy some but my computer refused to act on the last bit of the ordering and it had taken me ages. So I phioned the number on the webpage and a brilliant young man worked through an order with me in no time at all giving me loads of information - not only on this product but make up too!!!!

Avon are apparently aware of this product's new found fame as as soon as I mentioned midges he told me which one to buy and all the info on it.

If you are buying on a one off basis it might be worth phoning your order in.

Joy

Good old garlic eat loads keeps everyone away including the midges.

Seriously it does work you can take the odourless capsules need to be taking them for 2/3 weeks before going away, the smell that your skin gives off is undetectable to humans but drives the midges away.

Nar be a man & eat the real stuff.

Guest Tracker
ROON - 2009-06-06 7:56 PM

But it drives the men away as well, Lenny! :-(

I doubt that would bother Lenny?

Now then Dave ... Fred doesn't live in our world, he has a world all of his own (so says the Matron! :D ).

Now Welsh midges ... aren't they the ones that sing too? Unlike Scottish midges which just suck the blood from you and make you do the Highland fling! 8-)

Archived