sattelite tv

grumpy carol

morning everyone

can anyone help we have an oyster sat dish wirh a pace mini box ,we are currently in spain at the moment,(peniscola) we went to use our tv last night and although we have a perfect picture there is no sound,just a loud buzz,no tv is no real problem but I hate it when we something doesnt work ,anyone any ideas what the problem is ,the tv sound is ok when you play a cd or dvd

thanks grumpt carol

Morning Carol

From a windy & overcast west yorkshire.

Re your sat sound:-

Have you tried making sure ALL your scart cables are connected fully. A slight movement in these connectors could cause this problem.

I'm no expert, but had a similar prob once before & it was a slightly loose scart cable, looked as if it is was connected properly but had workd slightly loose.

Hope this helps.

Thai

Its more than likely to do with your TV settings in the UK I use PAL1 and in france / Spain I think you need PAL BG. Go to menue and see what it is set on. In the UK if I set on PAL BG I get good picture but no sound.

Itexuk - 2009-06-07 11:24 PM

Its more than likely to do with your TV settings in the UK I use PAL1 and in france / Spain I think you need PAL BG. Go to menue and see what it is set on. In the UK if I set on PAL BG I get good picture but no sound.

That only applies to analogue TV. Everything connected via Scart is not affected.

derek500 - 2009-06-08 8:29 AM

Itexuk - 2009-06-07 11:24 PM

That only applies to analogue TV. Everything connected via Scart is not affected.

Sorry but it does with mine and I use a Scart lead all the time.

Itexuk - 2009-06-08 10:00 AM

Sorry but it does with mine and I use a Scart lead all the time.

Sorry, but if you're connecting a satellite/DVD/DTT/VCR or any other kind of box via SCART, it's makes no difference what country you're in or what country your TV was manufactured for.

How does your TV know what country you're in???

Only trying to help.

As I said if I connect my TV to my Sat dish or if I am on Digital TV most times I get a picture with no sound. If I go to menu I find it is set on Pal BG, must be a default setting. Change to PAL1 and I have sound. Not sure why it does this but it does.

You could try, or might have already! changing the transponder numbers to 12.206. Ours worked fine then. We had no terrestrial channels anyway until we hit France but the other SKY channels worked OK right down to Gibraltar and then down Italy and on Sicily.

Don't forget. if you have a Sky box and card you can pick up ITV, C4, More 4 and E4 through 'other channels', as they are on wider footprints than the 2d FTA versions.

C5 should be available in most of Spain too (but not the FTA version which the BBC host for Freesat on 2D).

Archived