ford double locking beep

duetto owner

I used the key fob and press twice to double lock sounds straight forward. But about 25% of the time on locking there is a auto bleep of the transit horn. If I press unlock then lock again twice it does so quietly as it does most of the time.

But lost on the bleeping, embarrassing if it happens early morning or late at night. I thought it might be a door not shut correctly but checked all doors firmly shut.

Any idea's

I press the lock button twice on the Ford keyfob and the indicator lights flash twice but no sound from the horn. To double check that the cab is secure, the inside lock handles on the doors should show "white" and the red immobiliser light between the speedo and rev counter should flash every 10 seconds.

If you have a separate alarm system fitted that is wired to the immobiliser that could be causing the problem, if not then a quick visit to your Ford dealer should sort it out. 

Ours is a Mk 7 Transit, and if either of the cab doors is not fully closed the horn sounds when locking.  The Duetto is a van conversion, so presumably has a full set of Ford doors with the selective locking/unlocking options for the rear/side doors?  If any of the doors is not full closed I presume it will give the (LOUD!) warning beep. Assuming all doors are fully closed when the hooter beeps on locking, I'd think there may be a faulty "locked" sensor on one of them.

1. Make sure the (electrical) contacts on the door pillars and door are clean, dirty contacts could cause this.

2. Make sure the sliding door alignment is correct. Comon problem on Ford vans is the door gets out of alignment. This can adjusted by the nut/bolt adjuster at the top of the sliding door.

It is when one of the doors are not shut properly, this has happened to us on a number of occasions.

One that does get my goat is the fact the the passenger door locks itself automatically so if I get turned out to pay site fees, rally fees or fish and chip run , usually in the rain, when I get back to the van my door has self locked and I have to wait for him to reopen it (and you can guarantee he has left his seat *-)

Mandy

Archived