Do you lower your Status TV Antenna??

Ned Swift

Fellow Happy Campers

Passed a MH today on the M6 with his modern pointy Status TV antenna fully raised - surely this isn't a god idea??

Didn't tell him though cos he might come in for a replacement !! LOL

Or even roof repairs :-D :-D :-D (!) (!)

Ned

On the M 42 last week i noticed a large US RV with his American style aerial flying in the wind ( He was going the opp way ) Probably told by the Honest salesman!!!! THIS WILL DOUBLE YOUR MPG>>

Not having one, but asking the question, If they are loose, do they ride up in the wind as you motor along ?

I have often noticed that the "Travelling People" in France seem always seem to travel with the satelite dish up. Probably not a problem with the caravan roof they can always go and nick another van.

(Not a PC remark I know !) *-)

Rgds

There's a sticker in our power box locker reminding you that the Status arial must not only be lowered before driving, but that it should also be in the horizontal position too.

We never use our because we've got a sat dish and I would like to remove it completely. Has anyone ever done this and how easy/hard is it?

Derek, does that mean you will be able to pick up WiFi signals easier when in your van? (I know this sounds a simpleton question!) But what I mean is, will you need to have an account with an ISP, i.e. a "dongle", or does it mean when you go on a WiFi equipped campsite you will get a more reliable connection?

Tomo3090 - 2009-06-14 3:30 PM

Derek, does that mean you will be able to pick up WiFi signals easier when in your van? ........does it mean when you go on a WiFi equipped campsite you will get a more reliable connection?

Yes, it will be much easier to pick up wifi either paid or free at camp sites, McDonalds, etc.

Tomo3090 - 2009-06-14 9:48 AM

There's a sticker in our power box locker reminding you that the Status arial must not only be lowered before driving, but that it should also be in the horizontal position too.

We never use our because we've got a sat dish and I would like to remove it completely. Has anyone ever done this and how easy/hard is it?

You can get a filler to place where the hole in the roof is so that it still keeps it watertight, I think it's some sort of disc but I can't remember!

Ask at a motorhome outlet etc and I'm sure they'll be able to source the part for you, shouldn't be too expensive.

Mel B - 2009-06-14 6:03 PM

Tomo3090 - 2009-06-14 9:48 AM

You can get a filler to place where the hole in the roof is so that it still keeps it watertight, I think it's some sort of disc but I can't remember!

Ask at a motorhome outlet etc and I'm sure they'll be able to source the part for you, shouldn't be too expensive.

Grade UK blanking cap:

http://www.gradeuk.co.uk/store/product.asp?spc=10-2505/3&shelfid=58S60S1

Mike

Archived