We can smell gas!

wild rover

Hello all. We think we can smell gas when we run the heater in our LMC. The smell seems to start after it's been running for about a minute. But a friend of ours says he can't smell anything at all! Are we just paranoid? Or is this a normal smell?

Pam

i had that problem a while ago ,the wife could smell gas but not me so i had it checked out ,only to find that a nut was loose on the gas system they charged me £15 for that but was worth every penny now i now my system is completely safe

wild rover - 2009-06-12 9:03 AM

Hello all. We think we can smell gas when we run the heater in our LMC. The smell seems to start after it's been running for about a minute. But a friend of ours says he can't smell anything at all! Are we just paranoid? Or is this a normal smell?

Pam

Hello Pam

You are not being Paranoid, G0 and get it checked ASAP. Don't use it again until it is checked. It could be smells from your waste tank but don't take the chance. Better safe than sorry.

Dave

Some people are much more sensitive to the smell of gas that others so I would trust your own sense of smell. However you can get a sort of hot plasticy smell when the heater 1st comes on if not run for a while. That may be confusing you, but I would get the heater checked out if at all in doubt.

Archived