Mini-Motorhome on 3 wheels

Mel B

Hi all

Some may recall I mentioned last year around this time that a friend of ours, Jason, had converted his Reliant Robin van into a motorhome, well he's now done it again - this is his second attempt - a nice job too.

1046606222_Jason-Mk2-1.jpg.4d1ba6f6ffcaccaa09679982705271db.jpg

2055110046_Jason-Mk2-2.jpg.39a063c46e74703b53b8ce858139abf2.jpg

263306508_Jason-Mk2-3.jpg.6b270cbead78c988145716c100aa6da8.jpg

761981552_Jason-Mk2-4.jpg.efc415e0aa4ccd90201ab72c3133834d.jpg

nowtelse2do - 2009-06-12 10:09 PM

Hi Mel B

Looks better than some of the (professional) converters.

But tell him to get a Light and Number plate board, I think he may be breaking the law as it is. Nice one though and cheap (robin, oHHHH) to run. :D

Dave

He has one already, he just hadn't got round to putting it back on after he'd had his bike off.

docted - 2009-06-13 5:06 PM

nowtelse2do - 2009-06-12 10:09 PM

But tell him to get a Light and Number plate board, I think he may be breaking the law as it is.

Dave

I think the extra weight would be too much for his rear axle! :-D

As Jason is a vegan he's a bit of a rake so the weight of another person, assuming they are not gigantic, wouldn't be an issue but it might 'roll' about a bit ... depending on what they got up to! :$

Funny you should say that ... his next project is to do a coachbuilt version with a built in shower cubicle ... no kidding!!! :-D

I did suggest that he checks out the MTPLM first to make sure he has enough spare capacity available!

Mel B - 2009-06-13 8:44 PM

Funny you should say that ... his next project is to do a coachbuilt version with a built in shower cubicle ... no kidding!!! :-D

I did suggest that he checks out the MTPLM first to make sure he has enough spare capacity available!

When you say coachbuilt Mel, is that on a Reliant or the bike? :-D

Dave

nowtelse2do - 2009-06-15 2:32 PM

Mel B - 2009-06-13 8:44 PM

When you say coachbuilt Mel, is that on a Reliant or the bike? :-D

Dave

Knowing Jason ANYTHING is possible!!!! :->

messerschmitt owner - 2009-06-15 11:54 AM

personally, I like the snapshot of the Heinkel/Trojan! ;-)

Campbell ... you are soooooo predictable! (lol) ;-) These should get you drooling ...... :D

Heinkels.jpg.f93ccbd8b7406bc2d0ce758e9dd4201a.jpg

Guest Tracker

A brilliant design and conversion Mel. Well done to Jason.

Reminds me of a similar conversion that I did to an ex GPO Morris Minor van in the early sixties - do you remember the old GPO vans - red or green with rubber front wings and curious gate type door handles!

It was a bit tight for two but some girlfriends did not seem to mind - but others did - some you win some you lose!

Poor old van - it ended up dead after the crankshaft snapped and wrecked the engine on a bend in the rain whilst at the same time locking the rear wheels just long enough to invoke a skid that made it hit the kerb and roll over onto it's roof thus showering me with all the bits and pieces, tools, fishing gear, spare parts, tins of food, toiletries, clothes etc etc.

So I scrapped it and bought a Mini van and converted that instead - and I've been motorhoming ever since!

Archived