Dunkirk ferry port access

Guest JulieW

Good afternoon I'm hoping someone who has used Norfolkline sailings can help me. My travel software implies that the road to enter and exit the Dunkirk terminal is a toll road, Route du Petit Dena and it's not a motorway. I have e-mailed Norfolkline who couldn't help and suggested viamichelin. No help there. Any info will be gratefuly received. Thanks in advance.

Hi Julie We have travelled by Norfolk Line via Dunkirk many times. As far as I know the Route du Peteit Dena which leads to and from the ferry terminal is not a toll road.

The road is not a toll road. It is a narrow open road used mainly by freight going over an open area. Nothing special at all. Easy access from the main road.

Guest peter goddard
We came through last October and the road layout had completely changed in the 6 weeks we were away. There is (unless it's changed again)now a huge vehicle park just outside the gates, ideal if you arrive and want a place to park up. There was no sign of any type of toll road although we did get the impression it was part of the dock and maybe not part of the public road system.

Very many thanks to all of you. Distinct possibility of adding Dunkirk to the huge list of ports that we have passed through, including many now only a distant memory such as Southampton,in our many years of trundling round Europe. Cheers

The Sat-Nav is correct. This is a toll road in so much as if you go all the way to the end, you will have to pay a toll as you get onto the boat. All ferrys are classed just like a toll bridge for most computer programs.

• 6 years later...
We have used [url=http://www.ferrysavers.co.uk] DFDS Norfolk Line[/url] many times in the past and yes your sat nav is right as that is a toll road , if you go all the way to the end of it, you will have to pay as you get onto the boat. As the comment states above and which I agree with all ferrys are classed just like a toll bridge for most computers

[QUOTE]StarryEyes - 2013-02-14 4:06 PM We have used [url=http://www.ferrysavers.co.uk] DFDS Norfolk Line[/url] many times in the past and yes your sat nav is right as that is a toll road , if you go all the way to the end of it, you will have to pay as you get onto the boat. As the comment states above and which I agree with all ferrys are classed just like a toll bridge for most computers[/QUOTE] Hi StarryEyes ... welcome to the mad house! :-> Nice to see you're so keen to get stuck in with the forum, but answering questions from 2006 is a little bit OTT! :D

Archived