English Heritage vs National Trust

Brock

To use up my AirMiles, we took the option of a year's membership to English Heritage. The membership pack came very quickly. Looking through the pack, we were underwhelmed with the properties on offer. Unsure it if it's the poor layout, unimaginative text, or simply the properties are unattractice to us. Whatever, the offering from the National Trust seems to be better in every department.

We had intended doing a two week tour this summer of some of the English Heritage properties but we can't find the enthusiasm. There must be some gems within English Heritage but they are not easy to find.

Am I completely missing the point of English Heritage?

Any recommendations of interesting and motorhome friendly English Heritage sites would be welcomed.

Couldn't agree more but at least you can still get into the N.T. sites for free as I think they have a reciprocal arrangement that whichever one you belong to, the other allows free access to their sites . . . . unless it's been changed.

W2G

Way2Go - 2009-06-16 7:29 AM

Couldn't agree more but at least you can still get into the N.T. sites for free as I think they have a reciprocal arrangement that whichever one you belong to, the other allows free access to their sites . . . . unless it's been changed.

W2G

I don't think that's true now, unfortunately; I can't find anywhere on the web that say that you can do it.I joined both EH & NT, but found a lot of EH sites were free to access anyway and dropped that membership.

You can get into stonehenge with your national trust card, but i think thats the only one, took out a life membership of the n.t, and never regretted it.

lots of places of interest to visit, couldn't afford to pay the asking price on the door these days.

Pete

We've tended to join one or other for an odd year now and again, especially if we knew we wouldn't be getting over the water that year and would get good value from it. Used like that, we've found both of them have their good points.

Most recently, a couple of years ago we had a year in EH. It expired at the end of May that year, so we used the half term visiting loads of their places around Kent. Didn't renew as we knew we'd be in France for the summer hols.

Archived