Camos Plus Crank up satellite dish

arthur49

As a newbie to this forum, hello to all.

Does anyone have any experience of this roof mounted sat dish. It has been recommended by my dealer in preference to any other and is fully adjustable from inside the van.

Claims to be eqivalent to 65cm conventional (round?) dish. (Distributed by Road Pro)

Many thanks

Arthur

arthur49 - 2009-06-17 6:47 PM

Claims to be eqivalent to 65cm conventional (round?) dish. (Distributed by Road Pro)

The test results from similier 530x300 flat plate antennas would indicate this to be correct.

Guest peter

I've just fitted one to my van as I couldn't fit the Kathrein crank up I removed from my previous van as I didn't have a wardrobe wall available for the mast. The Camos can be fitted anywhere you like as long as there is room on the roof for the dish when it's lowered.

It's also a better performer than the Kathrein, Im well pleased with it.

If your fitting it yourself I can give you a few pointrs.

I think Dave Newell has one also.

I had the Camos crankup on my previous 'van and it went with it when I sold the 'van. The Camos crankup plus also has a skew adjustment facility but it is not do-able from inside the van, you need to get up top to adjust for skew. Crankup plus also has a larger planar array so will get better signals further afield than the basic, then you have the skew adjustment on top to maximise performance.

D.

Archived