Long term Storage in Spain

AlandVal

Hi. We want to take our Motorhome over to Spain/Portugal again this winter but as we don't want to be away for more than 2 months at anyone time does anybody know of any secure/reliable storage sites in or around Alicante airport.

Val B-)

AlandVal - 2009-06-18 3:44 PM

Hi. We want to take our Motorhome over to Spain/Portugal again this winter but as we don't want to be away for more than 2 months at anyone time does anybody know of any secure/reliable storage sites in or around Alicante airport.

Val B-)

Hi Val,

Check with your insurers before doing anything else as some won't allow you to leave the van abroad for extended periods unless they give prior permission.

My insurers must be informed if the van is going to be out of our possession for more the 36 hours whilst out of the UK.

Don

Hi val,as Don as said if all OK to keep in Spain i now of one that may be of help to you about 40kl`s by Torrevieja it`s in an orange grove with locked gates but do not no cost,if this help PM me for more info.john

Hi Alandval.

This one is very near the airport, the very nice man will ferry you back and to the airport a friend used it in 2008, very impressed, check out this is still valid,

Tel 0034-655390196. if you are based in Benidorm it works out cheaper than

Stones after you take out the cost of bus fares etc.

Hope this helps.

Regards PKC.

Although we live not too far away from there, I have no personal experience of Stones caravan/MH parking site on the old ex-N332 road near Villajoyosa (south of Benidorm) other than one quick visit:

we popped in there once about 9 months ago, and it looked a very dog-rough place.

This may or may not give any indication as to his security level or storage prices, but the impression we were left with from a very quick look-see visit was not at all good I'm afriad.

(Others may have an entirely different view,: I can only recount our personal impression).

Hi Alandval.

Sloppy post sorry, should have been more precise.

The Stones I was referring to are the ones in Benidorm

near to the El Raco camping, there are two of them,

one on the AV 1532, and another newer one on the Av del Albir CV 753.

I'm afraid as BGD points out they all tend to look like the rear of A'fer Daley's car lot, but friends of mine have used them with no problems.

Regards PKC.

Part of the problem with Stones appearances is the fact that they also sell, repair and scrap caravans and some vans too.

The Benidorm one charged one Euro20c per day the last I heard and security was satisfactory with big dogs around all the time.

They will collect your van from wherever it is sited and return it to any site should you want it sited on your return for a fee of about 30 Euro's a go

• 5 years later...

Benidorm Torrevieja San Miguel are no where near or around Alicante Airport .If you go to google earth and look at the Airport approach road there are parking Co.s that take motorhomes ie Victoria ..Lara.... Parking El Altet SL.... Aqua Car...,Aupa Parking....Roberto..etc

We use Lara for our car when we travel ..you drive to the compound, they shuttle you to the terminal, when you return you call them and they pick you up at pre arrange point. You will find all the companies offer the similar service 24/7

I have not left the motorhome there but you see lots parked at the back of the plots.

Google the above companies and they have the rates on line in English.

Bien Viaje

Brian

Blxxdy Hxll just seen the date of the original post 2009 wish people would start a new post rather than attach it to an ancient post. Grrrrrr :D

Hi we are 25km from the airport we can offer you secure storage at our premises From 1 Euro per day we can take you to the airport at 10 Euro per trip or free if we drive your vehicle.We also have our own camper a Swift.Our business in Spain is Kennels and Cattery plus transportation of animals and goods back to the U.K.

been here in Spain 18 years in La Romana 11 years.

25 mins. to airport I take pet customers to the airport with there vehicles for free and store their vehicles here until their return.We also offer 5 van campsite conditions here from 12 euro per day plus electric usage showers and toilet facilities available.Pool available all year p.s. cold now ,BBQ area, free wi-fi internet

Al and Mal on 0034 606832088

or e-mail almals1@yahoo.co.uk

Leaving mine, again, at Victoria Parking at Alicante airport from end of November until April next year. Met all the requirements of the insurance company, but they still took an extra £50, why,??? Cost was about £196 and they take you and collect you from the airport, a cost you would need to add if leaving at Benidorm and they operate 24/7 which is another factor. Enjoy. :-D

Yes,, insurers do have some odd requirements and that's why you speak to them first. The 36 hour is something I doubt if they would ever be able to enforce. AVIVA is the ultimate insurance company I am with and the parking was agreed through a broker.

They required 24hr manned security, CCTV, all gates secured, etc and not just an area beside the camp site.

Archived