Reverse Gear

bill booth

Set off with grand kids for weekend camp,got 12 miles from home no drive,called AA got vehicle back to dealers told that a spring in the clutch broken .This part not covered by warranty vehicle 26 months old 10,000 miles on clock dealer suggested ringing customer care at Fiats,costs expected to be £800-£900 plus vat.Fiat said that this would have been covered by them if vehicle was under 2 years old must say the gearbox has been reported still waiting.Outcome of this problem Fiat would pay for the parts also 4 hours lab costs at £70 +vat I would contribute 2 hours lab cost.So I am pleased only wish they would listen in Italy

bill booth - 2009-06-18 9:33 PM

Set off with grand kids for weekend camp,got 12 miles from home no drive,called AA got vehicle back to dealers told that a spring in the clutch broken .This part not covered by warranty vehicle 26 months old 10,000 miles on clock dealer suggested ringing customer care at Fiats,costs expected to be £800-£900 plus vat.Fiat said that this would have been covered by them if vehicle was under 2 years old must say the gearbox has been reported still waiting.Outcome of this problem Fiat would pay for the parts also 4 hours lab costs at £70 +vat I would contribute 2 hours lab cost.So I am pleased only wish they would listen in Italy

Bill

Welcome to the (madhouse) as it is called and it is..!Sorry to hear of the problem but if your van is a X250. 2.3lt 6 speed, I suggest you take a look at

the thread which refers to the Fiat/Peugeot/Citroen by Andy Stothert lower down on this page.

Dave

Archived