Leaking Water Heater-Truma C4000

davoscar

Normally when it leaks it is the rubber washer not sealing properly and does that if it has dried out and sticks. I understand it usually seals again if valve is operated and closed again once wet. If not a new washer is needed. It could also just be dirt in the vlave and if opened it will maybe flush out.

• 4 years later...

This is a 2007 forum thread discussing the anti-frost electric drain-valve that was used with Truma's C-Series heaters.

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Trumatic-Safety-drainage-valves-/9688/

As Brambles advises, opening and closing a leaking Truma drain-valve a few times may cause it to seal properly. The valve is not intended to be DIY-fixed and, if the leak isn't cured by the opening/closing method, I'm sure Truma would advise that the complete valve be replaced. I've never tried to pull one apart, so I can't say how easy it might be to insert a new seal.

A brief follow-up...

Having thought about David's comment that his son-in-law's La Strada Trento's warranty had recently expired, I realised that the vehicle would have a Truma Combi-4 (or 4E) heater, not an earlier Truma C-Series appliance.

This makes the 2007 forum-thtread I gave a link to much less relevant, as a different (non-electric) anti-frost valve is used with Combi heaters as shown here http://tinyurl.com/ld3ru6s As will be noted, "Frost Control" valves aren't exactly cheap and (as far as I'm aware) they are not designed to be dismantled or repaired.

If a "Frost Control" valve leaks, Brambles' s advice would still hold good - try opening and closing the valve a few times to allow water to run through it to 'wet' the seal and flush out any debris that might be inside.

I was most put out when I dicovered my drain valve was leaking and is a sealed unit and new one was £27. However investingating the problem of drips I discovered the fault was too high a pump pressure and adjusting the pump pressure switch had no effect and a new microswitch was needed. At least the pressure switch assembly was repairable and at same time dicscoverd the pump valve membranes where slit around the valves..amazing it still pumped water. £10 for new Fiamma pump valve kit and £1 for two microswitches on Ebay. Result -no more drips from drain valve.

Archived