Fiat Cab Aircon Retrofit?

Rowan Lee

We have just purchased a 2005 Maesss on a Fiat Ducato 2.8 Diesel. It has no airconditioning and we would like to have this fitted. Has anyone any experience of retrofitting cab aircon? How much did it cost? I have made some enquiries locally but we live in a bit of a backwater in Lincolnshire and nobody seems to have any experience.

If we went for habitation airconditioning of some description, could we use this whilst driving?

Having searched the forum, there are quite a few recommendations for Waeco. What sort of cost would this be?

Any advice gratefully received, thank you.

Guest JudgeMental

I would go for a roof mounted 12v/230v a/c unit in your situation.....

If you get a 230v/12v roof a/c unit it can be used whilst driving. The 12v side is powered by a large inverter (via leisure batterys) ONLY when engine running! You might have to upgrade your alternator.....fitter should advise.

I have a Waeco unit and it works well, be sure to get the one with remote control as mine has not got this but I have excellent cab air so not really an issue.

mine was dealer fit (in Belgium) when van was new and cheap at approx £1000. I would expect to pay up to £1500 in the UK

Archived