Fiamma Wind Blockers

carebear

Have got a pair of Fiamma Windblockers from my previous van.

Now we have changed the van and got a Omnistor Awning, can anybody tell me if i can purchase Omnistor extending support poles to use these panels on this awning, just need them to thread through the hem at the top of the panels.

Was wondering if the poles from a safari room would work, ????????????.

If YOU COULD BUY SPARE END POLES.

Cannot seem to find Omnistor spares, like the Fiamma catalogue it got it all.

Do you mean rafters?

http://www.discover.co.uk/awnings/omnistor/1?sortorder=ZA

Many years ago we didn't know such things existed and used to use a couple of cheap washing poles/props - about £2 each, which you just extended, they worked a treat. We just put some walking stick rubber ends on them to stop them marking anything and also to give them something to grip with. Do you actualy need something rigid? If not, could you rig up some net curtain wire? Or what about some extending curtain poles - the cheap metal ones - light weight and easy to use. Much cheaper than the Omnistor rafters anyway! :-D

Thanks Mel b, good idea with the washing line prop, will buy one in Argos if not suitable can return no quibble.

It is the rafters you mentioned thats needed, but will try the above first as considerably cheaper

Mandy and Andy, yes seen the items you mentioned, friends got them think that the poles for them may not be strong enough.

These panels i have are the PVC window panels as like the sides of a safari room, which have got a bit of weight to them, but your reply was appreciated

Hi Carebear

We now have an Omnistor awning and have retained the windblocker sides and front, also the sunscreen for the front from our previous MH. We use the fiamma poles for the sides as we did for the Fiamma awning. We locate the spike in a moulding by the leg and wedge the other end in the awning casing. It seems to work for us.

Joyce

Archived