Spanish "Passion"

hallii

I see that a new guide for a Spanish equivalent of the "Passion" scheme has been launched.

I have never been tempted by the French ones as the Aires are so numerous and well appointed.

I am however interested in this Spanish one.

My one worry is that by staying at the sites F.O.C. that I would be obligated to buy something from the farm, bodega etc concerned.

Is this the case? Or can I just park up for the night and go on my merry way?

Geoff

Guest Tracker

It is surely not unreasonable to contribute to the local economy by buying some produce or wine or having a light meal or even just a glass or two or summat?

Small price to pay for a free night when we all have to eat anyway innit?

hallii - 2009-06-24 3:44 PM

My one worry is that by staying at the sites F.O.C. that I would be obligated to buy something from the farm, bodega etc concerned.

Is this the case? Or can I just park up for the night and go on my merry way?

Geoff

I do not think that you will find them beating on your door with a basket of produce making you feel obliged to buy. However, how much would you pay if you had to stay on a Camp site (?) You wouldn't have to spend anywhere near that amount for a small piece or two of their local produce, Fruit, vegetables, Cheese, Wine etc.

If we just used the facilities then cut and run the 'Brits' name would once again be synonomous with 'Cheap scates' etc.

How did it leak out that I am a mean old bu33er? My wife does not read this forum, does she?

Thanks for your input, I think I will go for it and be prepared to buy a few things, probably wine mostly ;-)

Geoff

hallii - 2009-06-25 7:34 PM

How did it leak out that I am a mean old bu33er? My wife does not read this forum, does she?

Thanks for your input, I think I will go for it and be prepared to buy a few things, probably wine mostly ;-)

Geoff

Can't blame the wife mate, you confessed yourself in the wording of your initial post :D

Taking the wine option is always the best (if available that is) because if it is not good enough for drinking just use it for cooking and pretend it is your new culinary masterpiece >:-)

Archived