roof vents

duetto owner

does anyone have problems with the flimsey plastic fittings with these?

on our autosleeper the plastic grip on the pull across fly net keeps falling apart into various strips and is very awkward to assemble back. thats when its not falling down on its own accord.

I was thinking about super glue on these strips of plastic to stop them falling apart, would that cause any problems.

the larger roof vent has a different problem the pull across blind keeps coming out of the side grooves. any tips to sort this please.

duetto owner - 2009-06-30 8:36 AM

Surprised a respected company like autosleeper has not sorted this.

I'm surprised you are surprised...

Although Auto-Sleepers still has a good reputation for customer care, I don't rate their choice of components, or build quality as anything exceptional. Might have been true once, when there was minimal penetration of the UK motorhome market by Continental constructors, that A-S led the field, but it's hard to find evidence of this being so nowadays.

Just experienced this minor problem for the 2nd time on our van, I fixed it whilst away but on our return home I set about with the super glue.

Guess what? I couldn't pull the b****y thing apart to glue it together! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

I settled for doing nothing with it. So you can probably guess what will happen next it gets used..

Martyn

Archived