warranty for secondhand camper

merthyrboy

Hi everyone. We are looking at buying a second hand 3yr old autosleeper symbol and would like to get a warranty as autosleepers is out of date and they don't sell extended warranties. Can anyone recommend a warranty that would cover this vehicle?

Ta

merthyrboy - 2009-06-29 6:16 PM Hi everyone. We are looking at buying a second hand 3yr old autosleeper symbol and would like to get a warranty as autosleepers is out of date and they don't sell extended warranties. Can anyone recommend a warranty that would cover this vehicle? Ta

Why do you want an extended warranty?

Remember, purchasing an extended warranty is basically buying insurance. If you are purchasing from a dealer then they should be able to arrange this, but as part of your negotiation with them you should ask for a minimum 6 months cover for both the chassis and 'van.  

However, if you are buying privately then it would be advisable to have the Peugeot chassis checked by the AA or RAC or similar and the caravan side checked by a qualified company, If you live in the midlands then Dave Newell is your man, if not then there are a number of companies that advertise in MMM. If both the chassis and 'van are passed ok then all you need is a good breakdown recovery service, one I have used and can recommend is Green Flag.

hi bazza

what i'm looking for is a warranty to cover the elements of the camper I can't inspect such as the gear box, timing belts, turbo etc. I do have breakdown cover on my T4 but the timing belt broke 40k after being changed and we would hope to coverthis sort of thing with a mechanical warranty.

Archived