sat system dealers surrey area?

duetto owner

Guest Tracker

Halfords should deonstrate - but what's to demonstrate - my experience is that the demonstrator is usually not conversant with how the darned things work anyway?

Go for a TomTom or Garmin which seem to be the most popular choices, read the specifications online and decide which one seems best for you.

If you don't go abroad get a UK only map - if not their is the choice between Western Europe or all of Europe depending on how far you expect to go.

There is lots of info on here - just do a search for 'sat nav'.

Before you go trekking around, what sort, if any, of budget do you have in mind? Ours is a £60 Lidl set up which is now available I believe for £30, bought a tripod off E-bay and a sat finder for peanuts and its great once you know how. It takes us 5 mins from start to finish to set it up.

Flip side, £2000 jobs that will probably get you a pic whilst camping in Bolivia, each to their own as ever. There's plenty in between those prices of course but the upshot of it all is you get a decent TV pic. The more you spend the quicker you'll get the pic and have less faffing about to get it too.

Martyn

Guest Tracker

Sorry - your right Martin - I got the wrong end of that stick - duh?

Don't know nuffin about satellite TV as we go away to get away from the bloody TV!

Archived