Eura Mobil adviceinformation

Chudders

Thinking of trading in my Autotrail 696 and have looked at a 2005 Eura Mobil 810HS on Fiat 2.8JTD chassis. Thing is I know very little about Eura Mobil regarding build quality and comparisons with other German makes. Not sure what fuel consumption to expect driven sensibly. Any information or advice would be very much appreciated

Regards, Dave

Guest JudgeMental

You could start by looking at their site:

http://www.euramobil.de/_technik_gb_2009/

I have one and they have a good reputation for quality. They use an aluminium frame construction with GRP panels which are glued (no wood or screws) The process is the same as used in light aircraft.

They tend to be properly winterised with double floors and an EN classification. Sorry but I have no knowledge of the particular van you are interested in.....

I will probably buy another.

Guest Tracker

The bigger and heavier the van the less it will do to the gallon but generally speaking, and even if you do 10000 miles a year in it the cost of fuel difference between them all is peanuts when compared to depreciation.

If it is the right layout in the right condition at the right price and it's what you fancy to hell with the price of diesel - just go for it.

Guest JudgeMental
Chudders - 2009-06-30 5:44 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone, still got much to think about and did not know how they compare with what are arguably better known German makes loke Hymer and Burstner etc.

Thanks, Dave

I believe they are considered (in Germany) as better quality then the others you mention. Not as well known here, as Euramobil selected Brownills as the distributor here:-| they hardly promoted them at all. By example: they never seemed to bring a van to a show......To busy promoting Hymers I guess because the mark up is probably better *-)

We have a 675VB bought from Westcrofts, which changed to Brownhills. The only dealer left in the UK is Cranham Caravans in Essex right on the M25, Junction 29. In the dealings we have had with them they have been very good, but the Eura Mobil factory in Sprendlingen, Germany, will talk to you if you have any queries, maybe because of the situation regarding lack of dealers in the UK. We do not know the model you are talking about.

We bought a Euramobil, and the reasons being price and quality compared to anything else. For the money, we couldnt find better.

Its been fine and nothing has needed fixed in 2 years and 25000 of use.

It had a few small design flaws, but thats been it.

We got it here

http://www.elitemotorhomes.co.uk/

They sell new previous year models, and are very well priced

Hi

Bought a 23 month old 810 in December with 2300 miles on the clock. MPG at start was 19-20 but as engine loosens up it gets better. Last 2 fill ups recorded 24.1 & 22.31 mpg with average over 4000 miles we have done at 21.42. You do need to be gentle with your right foot to get this mpg but I do have lots of time and little money. Build quality is excellent with overall package good but not all ideas acceptable. Everything except the engine is wired through the leisure batteries but for some reason known only to the Germans you have to turn the ignition on to operate the door windows. But we are very pleased with van and hope/expect to keep it for a long time.

John

We had a Eura Mobil for five years and had no trouble with it at all,except for a drive shaft problem,but that was Fiat and not Eura Mobil. We changed to a Hymer from the E M and that has been very good, I think Eura Mobil s are very good and most of what's in the Hymer is in the E Ms too for a lot less money, ours came from Westcrofts but I don't think they are E M dealers any more. So go for the E.M.they are as good as Hymers in my opinion. :-o :-o

Archived