sites near to Royan France

mrs w curry

Guest Tracker
mrs w curry - 2009-07-04 6:01 PM

cos its raining here and im hoping booking my hols for next year wil cheer my up :-D

It's only the weather that's damp - not the day - so don't let it get you down!

On the other hand - I too might be blue if I were booking my next holiday a full year in advance!

What's wrong with weekends away if you can't fit in a 'proper' full holiday?

Vans need to be used - have you considered weekend rallies and/or temporary holiday sites - no booking just go - as long as you, the location and the weather all suit!

The ist site clairfontaine is just outside Royan,lovely walk in along the coast. Walk pass WW2 bunkers destroyed during the war.

The 2nd site Nauzan plage is a bit further out but again a lovely walk, or cycle and is on a bus route. The 2nd site is my favourite as I stayed there many times. Highly recommend it.

Enjoy

http://www.uk.campingclairefontaine.com/LieuHebergement.aspx

http://www.campinglenauzanplage.com/campsite-animations.html

I was at Nauzan Plage at Vaux Sur Mer last week. The pitches are huge and many of them are set out in such a way that you are not sited in lines. There are fabulous cliff walks and there is a SuperU supermarket about half a mile away which is easily walkable. The site is in the ACSI discount book at 15 euros a night for those that are able to avoid the last 3 weeks of July and August.

mrs w curry - 2009-07-04 6:01 PM

cos its raining here and im hoping booking my hols for next year wil cheer my up :-D

Wendy, if you are planning so far ahead then it would pay you to do what I do. Order the brochures from Eurocamp, Select Sites etc, Carefree Europe, caravan Club Europe and get yourself a copy of the ACSI DVD. You can then look at your leisure and have some details and photo's of sites to wet your apetite. If you like the look of any of them you can then go on to the Internet using Google (or others) and type in the camp site name and look at their own website for details of the site, location, facilities, local transport and tarrifs. makes the long term planning a bit more interesting (lol)

Archived