anyone been to saltaire yorks

berti

The only reason anyone wanting to go to Saltaire is to visit Salts Mill, you need to look out for the brown signs plenty of free parking down near the mill, but the parking is not all tarmac, been like that for as long as I remember, having lived and worked in the area for a long time.

The village has of course the United Reform church where Titus Salt is buried and worth a look around as is some of the village. Parking in and around the village I seem to remeber now is all restricted to resident parking but in some places you may be ok!

Their is a small car park in the village centre but this has if I remember correctly has a height barrier!

There is a big tarmac carpark at the end of Salts Mill Road (ie the other end of the mills from Victoria Road). Being local I always park with a car right in the mill complex so I have not looked at the car park recently but I would imagine that, certainly during the week, you should not have any difficulty there. The Salts Mill car park is the second, after a large (Filtronics) office car park. That building was up for sale the last time I passed so their car park might not be occupied now.

I wouldn't attempt to park with a motorhome in the Victoria Road area.

Archived