camos V oyster

chrisallys

hi everybody, i,m finally going to rid myself of the katherein/mobisat set up i have had for the last 5 years that has never worked properly and would like the general opinion of you all as too the for and against for the camos and the oyster, we mainly travel france,spain,portugal.i'm interested in personal experiances rather than sales patter. thanks in anticipation and i apologize for the arguments that are bound to be forthcoming. regards Chris

work to live not live to work

Hi Chris

We have a Camos Dome, on our van. Have just got back from 8 wks in Spain/Portugal/France The dome worked in all contries. We could not get BBC/ITV way down south, but may be due to our Digibox, we are going to look into it more now we are home.If you want more info PM me , and will get OH to reply in technical terms to you.

Pauline

Have got Camos Dome on my M'Home. Have used it in UK without any problems. Going to Spain in just under 3 Weeks, as far South as Valencia and will try it out at all our stops along the way so if you are not in too much of a hurry to purchase and can wait until I return in Mid-August I will let you know how it performs :->

We have an Oyster satellite system on our motorhome and are very pleased with it. It has worked in all over the place - UK, Spain, Gibralter etc up to Norway. We are also pleased with the original installation and change over to our new motorhome. It isn't just the product but also the fitting and advice anytime. You can always pm me if you want further details and anything technical I can ask the OH!!

Your passengers can watch satellite TV on the move with a Camos.

For its size its quite sensitive although you might struggle in southern Spain.

Conventional dishes can be bigger and fold lower and cost less.

A friend has a Camos and suffered a mechanical failure, something about the "rubber band breaking". It was not expensive or complicated to replace I understand.

But next time he said he would probably get a Maxview crank up.

Our conventional Crystop Autosat 2 dish was fitted to the MH when we bought it. Its biggest problem is the SKY box which it has as an add on. Although its fitted with a SKY free to air card it quite frequently looses authority and I have to ring up SKY and get them to reset it. Aparently SKY boxes are expected to be connected to a dish facing Astra 2 all the time and turned ON so they can update it when THEY feel like it. How selfish of them!! At least the Autosat decoder always works.

Clive

Archived