CALOR GAS BOTTLES

KEVB

Did I read sometime ago that Calor would exchange your old gas bottles

for the new lightweight bottles, at no extra charge for hire.

I called in to my local dealer today who advised me that from the beginning of July they will only accept like for like exchanges, this includes Red for Red and Blue for Blue. :'( :D

I dont know about lightweight bottles, but my dealer was exchanging like for like, but capacity did not matter.

I.e. you could exchange a empty 7kg for a 13kg and pay the 13kg refill price. (and vice vwersa he told me if I wanted to downsize from a 13 at no charge other than the refill price)

Rgds

"Thems is the rules" but local dealers frequently do their own thing!

Just ask, if you get the wrong answer then go elsewhere.

I even found quite different prices for both deposit and refil costs of the BP light (see through) bottles.

C.

Cant remember where I read it ,

They would exchange any old type bottle for the new lightweight ones up till 1st July, at no extra charge. I got 2 exchanged with no problems before that date

Dave

This provides information on exchange of CalorLite cylinders

http://www.calorlite.co.uk/latest-news.htm

For anyone considering replacing their 'heavy' Calor bottles with CalorLite ones, it might be worth printing the article off to show to the Calor supplier. In my experience Calor isn't too fussy about what their sales outlets do regarding bottle-exchange and only provide outlets with 'guide-line' retail prices.

When the new Calorlite bottles were made available you were able to exchange any size bottle for any size calorlite bottle e.g. 6-7kg for a 11kg. However, due to the take up there is a shortage in supply and therefore calor have stated that wef 1st July you can only exchange like for like.

Guest Tracker
Big Momma - 2009-07-07 6:59 PM

When the new Calorlite bottles were made available you were able to exchange any size bottle for any size calorlite bottle e.g. 6-7kg for a 11kg. However, due to the take up there is a shortage in supply and therefore calor have stated that wef 1st July you can only exchange like for like.

I'm glad I've got three of the bu**ers then!

Don't get your Calor bottles exchanged in Hampshire, they are supplied from Calor at Millbrook Southampton and will cost you on average £5_£7 more than if you change them in near by Dorset ,I got a 13 kg Propane this last weekend from my local Hardware shop and paid £27-99p we went to Three legged Cross for the weekend and in the local camping shop the price for the same bottle was quoted £21-00 supplied apparently by the Calor depot at Poole.

Archived