square satallite dish

mrs p hancox

hi I have seen advertised square satelllite dishes with integrated LNB in it. Has any one had any experience of using one. Just a bit worried as Maplins used to do one but have since discontinued it. This makes me wonder why. If it does work it would be great as I have just put a motorised arm on the bike rack rack and this would eliminate the need totally of having to remove the dish.

I'm guessing you mean the rectangular plate plate antenna?

There are couple of makes, they are very efficient for size but cost a lot more than normal dish, the (approx) 475mmX 260mm are equivelent to sky mini dish, the larger 550mm X 300mm are equivelant to 600mm dia normal dish.

Guest peter

Also by Kathrein. I've had both. Kathrein is half the price of Camos. But Camos is more powerful, if that's the correct terminology. Kathrein would be better bet for mounting on a bike rack though.IMO

Both sold by Road-Pro, have a look and you will see what I mean about mounting.

mrs p hancox - 2009-07-07 8:45 PM

yes fortec 450x450 asgood as 750xround iam building a motorized dish fitted to back of motor home would like dish with no arm and lnb so i could leave there all the time have found motor 12v would like to here good our poor reports

I'm intreged as to what your set up is, I vaguely recall a 'selfseek' system with 12v motor from a few years back, all other motors I know of aside from camos/kathrien are polar mount and require cafefull setting up.

Archived