problems with globestat sat dish

berti

we are having problems since installing a freesat box from argos about 4 weeks ago ..

it all worked ok at first but has just packed up....checked the box on our home system and it works fine....our next thought is that the lnb on the dish has failed for some reason

has anyone experienced any similar problems with this dish?

can you just fit a replacement lnb?

we have had the dish for 3 yrs

any comments appreciated

cheers berti

I'm not sure, but I think it has bolt on LNB as per centre feed dish, if so I think it can be replaced, roadpro should confirm this.

Have (can) you check cable, maybe it is damaged/dislodged from moving dish?

thanks colin

just found the receipt and we bought it from riversway at preston

but we are going to pickering show so may be able to sort something out with roadpro as they usually have a stand as i remember

cheers berti

berti - 2009-07-11 10:28 AM

thanks colin

but we are going to pickering show so may be able to sort something out with roadpro as they usually have a stand as i remember

cheers berti

Can you use a freeview box with a dish I was under the impression that you needed a digi box. I am forced to carry my sky box with me.

I only want to use it on rainy days but it always seems to fail in the rain so I wonder why I bother. I am using a Maxeview Dish

4petedaniel - 2009-07-13 7:00 AM

berti - 2009-07-11 10:28 AM

thanks colin

cheers berti

Can you use a freeview box with a dish I was under the impression that you needed a digi box. I am forced to carry my sky box with me.

I only want to use it on rainy days but it always seems to fail in the rain so I wonder why I bother. I am using a Maxeview Dish

Berti said its a FREESAT box which is not the same thing as a FREEVIEW box. If your dish is struggling to pull in a decent signal in the UK in poor weather it might be the LNB failing but check the skew angle of the LNB first.

D.

If you can get any signal response from the dish when rotating then probably the lnb is ok but I did experience difficulties in france this year with my sky box acting just like yours with zero response. I had to resort to switching off the 22kz and the lnb on the service menu 'saving changes the re-entering the menu and red button reset and save then it picked the signal up. This was so annoying that I am taking a non- sky box next year and using all sats as Hispasat Hotbird Thor Sirius and others have english progs and film channels so sod Rupert.

Archived