X250 reverse judder

Bruce Quinton

As the owner, from new, of a 2007 Registered X250 platform Motorhome I am long overdue in joining the ever growing list of dissatisfied customers. Not only does the fault itself pass all comprehension in this day and age, it is aggravated by the fact that there seems virtually no prospect of a long term remedy at this time. Add to to this the fact that, despite their claim to the contrary Fiat consistently fail to return calls for updates etc. leads me to to believe they are NOT taking this issue seriously. It is my belief that the time is fast approaching when some form of litigation is required. Otherwise we all may left with a legacy of valueless, unsaleable Motorhomes!

I've just had the gear box upgrade done on my six speed Nuevo boxer. Testing on a 1 in 6 slope shows a definite improvement once the clutch is in. It is now possible to reverse smoothly at a little over walking pace. There is still a judder whilst engaging the clutch so the problem is not fully solved but it is better. It has been suggested to me that using 1300 rpm before engaging the clutch is helpful but I've not tried this yet. Has anyone else ?

This judder is a pity because in all other ways the vehicle is very pleasant to drive.

David

Archived