UK attitude to Motorhomes! (second attempt)

wild rover

GJH - 2009-07-12 4:36 PM

wild rover - 2009-07-12 2:29 PM

Since the person I spoke to owns a holiday home in the village I think they know what they're talking about! You suggested I email the council to give evidence of benefits of providing facilities. Well, if you'd read my message properly you'd see that there is no mention of facilities. All I would like to do is park overnight in the village. I don't need any facilities to do that!

Pam

Hope this message reads ok. I've never quoted anyone before!

The reason I asked is that the person owns a holiday home. That suggests that he/she is not a permanent resident so may well not be best placed to know the full facts. There are plenty of permanent residents of towns/villages who are ignorant of the full facts of any given matter, never mind part time residents :-)

You are actually asking for the provision of facilities in that a parking space is a facility - it doesn't have to mean provision of water or waste disposal. In your original post you say "There's a council sign saying that motorhomes will be clamped!". Which council is that?

I was away from home when I responded last night so didn't have the opportunity to do any research. Since I returned today I have tried to find out by web searches who actually owns the two car parks in Laugharne. They are not on the list provided to me by Carmarthenshire County Council and the Transport Direct web site has "Operator - Unknown" for both of them.

Who actually owns the car park you referred to? Is there any reason why you shouldn't approach the owner with evidence of the positive benefits of allowing overnight stops by motorhomes and ask that the policy be changed?

Graham

I followed up the question of Laugharne and the quote "There's a council sign saying that motorhomes will be clamped!" by contacting Laugharne Corporation to see if they were the owners. They replied a few days ago saying that they are not and that they had always assumed that the car parks were controlled by the County Council.

I therefore made another enquiry of the County Council and have just received the reply "Having made enquiries with our Parking Services, Leisure and Corporate Property divisions, I can confirm that the car park in question is neither owned or managed by Carmarthenshire County Council."

So, still no idea who owns the car park but it illustrates that we shouldn't be too quick to blame councils all the time :-)

If anyone does know who owns the Laugharne car parks please let me know and I'll be happy to contact the owner to ask whether the prohibition can be removed.

Graham

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived