Fiat Ducato 2004 Offside Wing Mirror

Colinsburgh

Anyone any experience of replacing offside electric wing mirror?

Mirror head completely destroyed by merc 4X4 going too fast. (his is much worse than mine).

Searching the web finds a replacement but with a rubber sleeve over each of the arms rather than the single sleeve covering both arms on mine.

Does anyone know if the heads are interchangable or do I have to put up with different design wing mirrors?

Thanks, Peter

Peter, had a similar thing happen to me in Luxembourg, truck going too fast coming towards me and hit adverse camber, typical, just at the point where we passed. He hit my (Passenger side) mirror with such force that it crashed in to the door window and smashed that too :-S The main mirror was completely smashed but the small mirror at the bottom was in tact so using good old Duck tape I botched it together and limped home (Very noisy with wind flapping makeshift polythene window. Had both glass and mirror replacements done at dealers though. My vehicle is on a 04 Fiat Ducato. So the replacements are out there but afraid cannot give you a costing as I can't remember.

Colinsburgh - 2009-07-12 11:27 AM

Thanks Big Momma. Looks like I'll have to keep looking.

Peter

Sounds like a stupid question I know but have you approached the dealers to see if they can get you what you require. They certainly had mine replaced in no time at all so even if you want to fit it yourself, just order the part through the dealer ? or am I being stupid and missing something 8-)

Big Momma,

No you're not being stupid at all. Local Fiat dealer can't seem to identify part on his system. Can find lots of parts which have the two arms rather than the single arm as on mine. He is unable to tell me whether the actual mirror head can be swapped between the diferent types of arm and doesn't have one in stock so we can compare the fittings. He is though making enquiries.

I'll enquire at other Fiat dealers to see if they have any better knowledge of the parts.

Peter

Colinsburgh - 2009-07-13 11:12 AM

Big Momma,

No you're not being stupid at all. Local Fiat dealer can't seem to identify part on his system. Can find lots of parts which have the two arms rather than the single arm as on mine. He is unable to tell me whether the actual mirror head can be swapped between the diferent types of arm and doesn't have one in stock so we can compare the fittings. He is though making enquiries.

I'll enquire at other Fiat dealers to see if they have any better knowledge of the parts.

Peter

Peter,

Not sure what Make, Model of Motorhome you have. However, if having problem with local dealer why not try Emailing the manufacturer and explain the problem. I am sure that they could identify the part that you require.

Archived