Fiamma awnings

raw

raw - 2009-07-12 5:44 PM

High winds caused damage to the awning on my campervan this weekend.Does anyone know of a good repairer of Fiamma awnings ? I live in Gloucestershire. many thanks

Had the same thing happen to my Fiamma awning whilst away at Easter. I managed to repair myself using the 'nearly transparant' Duck tape purchased from Homebase. Obviously depends on nature and extent of your damage but mine was a rip in material where it joins the roller on both sides of the awning.

raw - 2009-07-13 9:26 AM

thanks for the info, mine awning won't wind all the way back in and one of the arms is buckled as well !

Sorry to hear that :-( Not sure what part of the country you are in but if you go on to Fiamma website they may list there regional stockists, worth a go I would think.

njw - 2009-07-13 2:44 PM

try marquis motorhomes service centre in tewkesbury they should be able to help and are not to far away from you.

Just shows that I should read the posts properly. The location clue was in the original post ....... silly me :$

raw - 2009-07-13 9:26 AM

thanks for the info, mine awning won't wind all the way back in and one of the arms is buckled as well !

We had the same problem with our Fiammi, asked Marquis and was told would need a new one.(bought van/awnig from them)

My hysband took it of the van and clever thing he managed to fix it. We still have trouble some time winding it in but find by getting the ladder out we can guide it in while other winds it, Must just say hubby was an engineer , now retired

PJay

Guest JudgeMental

They are repairable, all the parts are available. Mine was heavily damaged in an Italian thunder storm. But my Belgian dealer repaired it for less then 200 euro.

He had all the bits in stock including a new front plate so was used to having to do this......

thanks to everyone forcoments re. my Fiamma awning. Dealers I have contacted so far all want to sell me a new one! I'am sure the awning is repairable but no one wants to know .

njw - 2009-07-13 9:08 PM

just had another thought could try agent fiamma they do spares etc

Do you happen to have the Fiamma Awning manuals. These will show diagrams and part No's. I purchased my ZIP awning and had it fitted by VanBitz so took it that all was okay. When I went to use it the first time could not erect it properly and discovered that some of the parts on the poles were wrong. Contacted VanBitz who contacted Fiamma. Fiamma rang me, confirmed the parts I required and then couriered them to me within 24 Hours. So njw's suggestion is a good one and you may get the help that you require with the parts. If you are unable to repair yourself then at least you have the parts to take to a dealer to do for you.

Archived