campsite recommendations on the south coast

lainey567

I will be travelling with my husband and two young children from weymouth westerly along the south coast and then up to padstow, bude then north devon, in a motorhome - can anyone recommend any reasonable campsites preferably close to a beach and with a play area.

Anys, I notice that you have not as yet had any responses which in itself is a little unusual as there is a wealth of knowledge on this forum. Can I suggest that you take a look at the websites of the Caravan Club (www.caravanclub.co.uk), Camping & Caravanning Club (www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk), and other On-Line campsite finder sites. Most of these you can search by facilities required and by Region. You can also find references to Camp Sites on local tourist information web sites.

I now Motorhome without children so do not have need for facilities for children so cannot give you any personal recommendations, which is what I believe you were looking for from members of this forum. I do know from my own research for my easter trip to Somerset, Devon and Cornwall that there are lots of Seaside sites and both the main Clubs have plenty close to the sea and beaches, within walking distance or short bus ride to main resort for Amusements and Fish & Chips etc

:D

Archived