Dethleffs Globebus

jasnelgrove

We had a Dethleffs Van (ford) that was great. Only the 'lounge' area was a bit too cramped.

Now looking at the Globebus (Fiat) T003 low profile with 2.3 JTD 130BHP.

This has U shaped lounge.

Couple of things you folks out there might comment on.

The lounge beds make up as two singles or a double. Has any taller person tried the two singles or are they a bit short? (> 6')

I see a lot of comments on problems with the current Fiat base (I liked the Ford very much) We had the older Ducato on Hymer and Rapido and seemed OK.

Any summary of what the problems are?

The Fortero T5915 has longer lounge (Ford) and there is one available with 2.2 DCi 110 BHP - I can't quite follow these Ford engines and the BHP quoted. This one looks like non-turbo?

Anyone have the Fortero? Is the bigger lounge worth having for less storage (wardrobe) area. How is this engine size for this vehicle.

Many thanks, John

• 1 year later...

Hi John,

I've just read your posting - The 2.2 110BHP is a TDCi - (it has a turbo),

and performs very well. There is an option for the 130BHP when you buy new, but it can also be tuned using an aftermarket box. Costs around £500

but I haven't bothered to fit one.

The single beds may not suit very tall people - one is slightly longer than the other.

We are coping with the storage space at the moment - after having a Hobby T600 with more cupboards.

If you need any further info, please message me.

Regards,

Mick

Archived